• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tell me about your ‘22/‘23 AR250……

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My local dealer has a few ‘23 AR250’s that they lowered the price on by $5k last week and I’m going to take a look at one of them on Saturday.

For those of you that have a ‘22 or ‘23, can you share your thoughts? Happy with it after owning for a while? Would you buy it again? Any pros/cons that come to mind?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Did you ever get any replies? I am looking at a 2023 AR250 leftover myself. I also have an option of a 2023 222S so I am trying to figure out what is the best way to go.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever get any replies? I am looking at a 2023 AR250 leftover myself. I also have an option of a 2023 222S so I am trying to figure out what is the best way to go.
i have been reading some solid reviews and seen some videos of the new 1.9L in the 2024. Keep that in mind. Last video I saw, they were substantially quieter and the guy was in the mid 50's on a 222. He mentioned mid range cruising was more economical. Not sure what that means though. With inventory up, rates up and less buyers and more used on the market in many years, wondering how it play out in the spring for pricing.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ended up with a 2018 242LS-E instead. The price on the new AR250 was nice but there was still about $6k in freight and dealer prep that I couldn’t rationalize.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ended up with a 2018 242LS-E instead. The price on the new AR250 was nice but there was still about $6k in freight and dealer prep that I couldn’t rationalize.
What Dan is trying to say is, next fall, he'll be looking to trade up, yet again, to the 250, he just needs to get a full season of use out of his latest boat 🤣😉

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh no, this will be my boat for a looooong time. 😬

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
I have been looking all over at different boats and different dealers. I am shocked at the differences especially with some dealers and their 2023 leftovers. They still want full price and what they are doing is jacking the MSRP 5-6K and then say they are giving you a discount. Some dealers are willing to deal but most are still trying to the play the freight and set up game with all the fees. I priced a 2023 222SE from one dealer and they are wanting more than MSRP than last year for a boat that’s a year old and has depreciated in value already.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rushfan67 I have seen deals at dealers on their 2023, especially here in Michigan. Try Wonderland Marine West - Call Ryan Zamler. @Wonderland Marine If it is not too far for you. He has boats in stock.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
@Rushfan67 I have seen deals at dealers on their 2023, especially here in Michigan. Try Wonderland Marine West - Call Ryan Zamler. @Wonderland Marine If it is not too far for you. He has boats in stock.
Ryan is awesome, he doesn’t have a 2023 that I’m interested in unfortunately. If I decide to go 2024, good chance I buy from him. The only downfall is traveling to go and get it, I’m in Raleigh.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ryan is awesome, he doesn’t have a 2023 that I’m interested in unfortunately. If I decide to go 2024, good chance I buy from him. The only downfall is traveling to go and get it, I’m in Raleigh.
The new 1.9L's look nice and are getting good reviews.

Well when you need to buy it, just close on it and I can meet you halfway, say Lexington and bring it to you. Then I can go do the bourbon trail after that :)