• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Those crazy b*stards at Ram actually did it

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's a really slick setup, but I'm fairly confident a nice fully loaded one is gonna be like 120k, lol. If the HO I6 ram limited is 92k fully loaded, I can't imagine the Ramcharger being a better deal.

Those dweebuses over at autoblog posted an opinion piece about how it was a dumb idea and doomed to fail. Those nerds clearly don't understand anything about truck buyers, their argument was basically "Ram bad, truck buyers are dumb rednecks who can't see how much better BEVs are".

I sort of think Ramcharger is doomed too, but because it's going to be too expensive, not because of the product or buyers. Ram just can't stop themselves from inflating prices.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the new link.

Those tow numbers are crazy for a 1/2 ton gas pickup, about double what I probably need. The biggest factor for me will be the
OTD price (not including tax). I’m in no hurry, and may start looking in 2026. I’m hoping to get something in the 60’s and have no qualms with buying at the end of the year.

Jim
I think you're gonna be looking at used trucks for 60k if you're talking looking in 2026 tbh.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can’t get the link to open, although I am not at home. I’m really excited to learn more about this vehicle, as it is potentially the one EV or Hybrid for which I would I would sell my ICE truck for.

Jim
Fixed the link. Stupid AMP website from the phone borked it all up.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’m probably out at 80k, even with a trade. I don’t need fancy, am very happy with my 2020 Bighorn with the level 2 electronic package and factory setup for towing. My 2020 had a msrp of 50k and was on clearance for 35k. I’m seeing similarly equipped 2023’s on clearance for 55k (from 65k). At 80k, I’m probably buying a 40k compact EV suv and keeping (and maintaining) the 2020 Ram.

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's a really slick setup, but I'm fairly confident a nice fully loaded one is gonna be like 120k, lol. If the HO I6 ram limited is 92k fully loaded, I can't imagine the Ramcharger being a better deal.

Those dweebuses over at autoblog posted an opinion piece about how it was a dumb idea and doomed to fail. Those nerds clearly don't understand anything about truck buyers, their argument was basically "Ram bad, truck buyers are dumb rednecks who can't see how much better BEVs are".

I sort of think Ramcharger is doomed too, but because it's going to be too expensive, not because of the product or buyers. Ram just can't stop themselves from inflating prices.
Sounds like the autoblog folks have never driven a truck and actually hauled or towed stuff with it. My personal opinion is that this truck would be perfect for my driving needs. More than enough range for my daily driving and great range for road trips.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like the autoblog folks have never driven a truck and actually hauled or towed stuff with it. My personal opinion is that this truck would be perfect for my driving needs. More than enough range for my daily driving and great range for road trips.
Most "Autobloggers" have never driven a pickup,much less used one for any meaningful percentage of its capabilities.

Just go googling on the number of posts from Jalopnik staff about how pickups are a safety hazard to people in crosswalks, and they're hard to park at the local bodega. Clearly written by people that have rarely ventured into any part of the US outside the city of NY, LA, or Detroit.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think you're gonna be looking at used trucks for 60k if you're talking looking in 2026 tbh.
Just as an aside, the 2024 F150 crew cab starts at 50k for a 2wd XLT model.
Most "Autobloggers" have never driven a pickup,much less used one for any meaningful percentage of its capabilities.

Just go googling on the number of posts from Jalopnik staff about how pickups are a safety hazard to people in crosswalks, and they're hard to park at the local bodega. Clearly written by people that have rarely ventured into any part of the US outside the city of NY, LA, or Detroit.
Agreed. I pretty much quit reading all the auto blogs because they're all full of twerps that think a 3 series is "almost too large for day use". I got tired of whiners being like "how many kids do you need to need a Ford explorer?!" And I'm like "that's too small for 2 kids actually".

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed, it's probably the only way I could really see myself going electric. And better than a PHEV, your electric only mode isn't some piddling around mode using a small not that powerful motor. You can do everything in electric mode, including drive like an ass, tow a trailer, haul a load of stuff, and you're still using electric power unlike a PHEV.

It's the right truck for me, but I'm fairly confident they're gonna screw it up with pricing.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's the right truck for me, but I'm fairly confident they're gonna screw it up for us with pricing.
There, fixed that for ya :D Clearly the market is paying these absurdly high prices. We're getting to the "Get off my lawn" stage of life too, where everything just feels stupid expensive because we "remember those good old days".

Getting into even a moderately optioned pickup brand new is in the $55k-$60k range now. My '02 RCSB V6/2wd Silverado had a window sticker of around $19,200. Just inflation puts that at $32,500-ish. Just priced a similar low option truck on Chevy's website and got $38,440. Only options were the rear locker, air conditioning, and chrome bumpers (to match my '02 spec). Saw where there's a dealership in AL that is putting Roush blowers as a $7k option onto RCSB F150's and selling them for $55k. (really makes that $60k Pro4X feel like a steal at $60k). So $42k to start for a base F150 work truck.

Even the bargain basement trucks are damn expensive now.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You're not wrong, there's probably gonna be some fools out there that will pay full price at $100k plus an ADM to have one.

You might be right, it could just be our fre of reference. Im not that old, but old enough to remember $300 a month for a car payment being a good car, and $500 got you into some seriously sweet stuff, but seemed like a fortune. My buddy at work in college bought a Silverado SS, probably about 2-3 years old and loaded, and he was paying $525 a month, and we thought that was INSANE. He lived at home though so it was kinda sorta ok. On the flip side of that, we were working at best buy and able to afford cars like that and rent and mods and such. I was paying for college too. Kids that are younger than us probably see $600 a month for a car as floor for a decent car the way I see $300.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're not wrong, there's probably gonna be some fools out there that will pay full price at $100k plus an ADM to have one.

You might be right, it could just be our fre of reference. Im not that old, but old enough to remember $300 a month for a car payment being a good car, and $500 got you into some seriously sweet stuff, but seemed like a fortune. My buddy at work in college bought a Silverado SS, probably about 2-3 years old and loaded, and he was paying $525 a month, and we thought that was INSANE. He lived at home though so it was kinda sorta ok. On the flip side of that, we were working at best buy and able to afford cars like that and rent and mods and such. I was paying for college too. Kids that are younger than us probably see $600 a month for a car as floor for a decent car the way I see $300.
I'm with you. That '03 Yukon I had. $589/mo (because bad credit at the time), and my now wife thought I had lost my damn mind. Fixed my credit and refinanced it a few years later for $350/mo, but still it was high. My first payment right after highschool was $142/mo for a '94 Ford Ranger. I think I bought it with ~30k miles on it, and paid $4,200, financed over 36mo or something like that. The Q7 is the most expensive payment we've ever had at $720/mo, and it hurts a little each time I click "pay" online for that thing. Also, likely the nicest vehicle I've ever had, more safety and tech than anything else I've owned, and it's pretty too :D

I'm gonna go sit back in my rocker on the front porch and yell at the kids across the street. That always makes me feel better :D