• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Welcome to the New England Regional Forum!

TexAg16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
This is hopefully a forum where we can meet others from the Lakes Region in New Hampshire and southern Maine. Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourselves!
I currently live in Berwick, ME. We just moved to the area from Arkansas so this is our first boating season up here.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
While we live in GA, my parents live in Raymond ME. We have had our boat up on Long Lake 2 of the last 3 seasons, most recently this past June.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am from Northern Vermont, and boat on the West coast of New England, aka Lake Champlain. We will be bringing a new to us catamaran currently in Southern Ma. North of Mount Hope Bay up the Taunton River, over to NY and up the Hudson and Champlain canal in May 2024. All my Yamaha's are OB's now. Needed a bigger boat that could handle the high seas blowing up and down the Lake. This one has been to the Bahamas several times, so she qualifies.

Last edited:

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am from Northern Vermont, and boat on the West coast of New England, aka Lake Champlain. We will be bringing a new to us catamaran currently in Southern Ma. North of Mount Hope Bay up the Taunton River, over to NY and up the Hudson and Champlain canal in May 2024. All my Yamaha's are OB's now. Needed a bigger boat that could handle the high seas blowing up and down the Lake. This one has been to the Bahamas several times, so she qualifies.
How the heck are you going to get up the Taunton River to NY? I lived up there for 55 years and canoed on that river.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How the heck are you going to get up the Taunton River to NY? I lived up there for 55 years and canoed on that river.
No, she is moored on the Taunton River around Dighton now. Will be hauled out mid Sept for the Winter. Next Spring we will be going down the river to Mount Hope Bay then out past Newport and sail our way thru L.I. Sound to the Hudson. I went to college in Bristol, RI. 40 years ago and was from the So. Shore even longer ago. Still have family there. Would not want to go any further up that creek with this boat, with or without paddle. Lol.

Last edited:

Fishwater2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi folks, I’m in Rochester New Hampshire, still working on my new to me SX230 & hoping to get it in the water before the season ends!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, she is moored on the Taunton River around Dighton now. Will be hauled out mid Sept for the Winter. Next Spring we will be going down the river to Mount Hope Bay then out past Newport and sail our way thru L.I. Sound to the Hudson. I went to college in Bristol, RI. 40 years ago and was from the So. Shore even longer ago. Still have family there. Would not want to go any further up that creek with this boat, with or without paddle. Lol.
Ok. I’m from Bridgewater Ma. I thought maybe someone gave you some bad info lol.

Fishwater2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you end up taking it out?
Yep, sure did & after a few hiccups it’s all set. I was worried the family might find it too loud but no complaints & everyone was happy. Hoping to get another day or two on the water before putting it away for the season but looks like it will be a great season next year!

Yama1990

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey all, hoping to get some input here from fellow boaters in NE, anyone have any favorite freshwater lakes/ponds they enjoy boating on? Located in southern MA currently and open to taking a day trip for a nice day on the water! thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I grew up in Webster and had my first boat when I was 14 back in 1966 have you ever visited
LAKE Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg 1708633423005.jpeg

Yama1990

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I grew up in Webster and had my first boat when I was 14 back in 1966 have you ever visited
LAKE Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg View attachment 215459
aka Webster Lake for us who cant pronounce too well! LOL ..but yes I have been! great time, party scene during the summer

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
aka Webster Lake for us who cant pronounce too well! LOL ..but yes I have been! great time, party scene during the summer
I also belonged to the ice racing association and we raced stock cars on the lake obviously in the winter, Mohegan bowling lanes was one of my sponsors, I bet they don't allow any stock car races there now that was back in the late 60's and early 70's. I moved to Florida in 1972 and never had to shovel snow again . I also played drums in a band and played at Waterfront Mary's 22 | Webster MA a few times and worked at American Optical in Southbridge. I sure spent a lot of time on the lake

Last edited:

Yama1990

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I also belonged to the ice racing association and we raced stock cars on the lake obviously in the winter, Mohegan bowling lanes was one of my sponsors, I bet they don't allow any stock car races there now that was back in the late 60's and early 70's. I moved to Florida in 1972 and never had to shovel snow again . I also played drums in a band and played at Waterfront Mary's 22 | Webster MA a few times and worked at American Optical in Southbridge. I sure spent a lot of time on the lake
that's awesome! not shoveling snow ever again seems like the most fun though, smart move