• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

‘18 242 LSE stock speakers adding midship speakers

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Coming along! On you port speaker, did you consider putting it in front of the handle? Plenty of depth back in there? I'll be getting started on mine soon. Did you measure the distance to the outer hull or take any pictures inside of that space?

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Coming along! On you port speaker, did you consider putting it in front of the handle? Plenty of depth back in there? I'll be getting started on mine soon. Did you measure the distance to the outer hull or take any pictures inside of that space?
I did figure in front of that handle. I also wanted some uniformity with the position of both the starboard and port speaker location. In the end I wanted it closest to the ear of whoever are in the captain’s chairs. I did not take pics inside. I know they have been taken on this forum. We get the wiring harness on Thursday, so have a delay I’m completing. Also will have starboard to secure the two amps. Also will have the trim tabs installed on Thursday. Bought them last Fall with the group purchase.

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Picture is of Fusion RA70 power plug for the radio and speaker. Appears both wires for the two amps are missing. Did Yamaha cut that too? Where do I buy this plug? FYI it is not the RCA plug. I have that now.

Attachments

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah they remove the blue amp remote-on wire from the power/speaker harness also....thanks yamaha
both of the needed harnesses were linked in my earlier post..

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry just noticed i screwed that earlier post up...had two links to the rca harness..
you need this

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
sorry just noticed i screwed that earlier post up...had two links to the rca harness..
you need this

Thanks. Yes, a few days ago I saw you had links for the same RCA harness. I had no idea. Very frustrating. Please anyone doing this install, just buy both harnesses before you begin or take to an installer.

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Update. I hired a mobile marine installer and was a bad experience. Blew the two midship speakers. Used wrong wiring, head unit has constant hiss, didn’t install fuses for amps. Took it to a local longtime shop and went against everything I was trying to do. So going all out. It looks great. Sounds incredible. Still waiting on four speakers to come in. FYI 8” can fit midship by helm and on 242 swim deck.

Attachments

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
One more thing. I had to buy a new head unit. Bought same model Fusion RA70.

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Stereo done. Ended up not doing it on a budget. I can be WOT and have volume at 50% and it’s super clear from helm. Especially with towers rotated. But even if tower speakers are turned to the rear the newly installed 8” horns at midship make it clear.

Attachments

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
budget, smudget....
looks good, sounds good....that's what's important

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
a moment of silence for that budget. may it rest in pieces.

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
a moment of silence for that budget. may it rest in pieces.
Haha! I justified knowing I have no intention on selling boat for years to come. The best thing about the upgrade are using horn speakers at midship.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you don't mind, how much did you end up paying... I mean, investing!

Advance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you don't mind, how much did you end up paying... I mean, investing!
lol I don’t want to add it up. What I bought: Fusion Signature Series 8 channel amp and mono for sub; 2 Rockford M2D4-10IB subs, 4 M2-65 speakers, 6 M2-8HB horn speakers, 2 M2WL-8H Tower Horn speakers. Had to get a new Fusion head unit. Got same as OEM but added Sirius and tuner for it. Replaced house battery and added a second house battery. Have a controller to have all speakers light up. So it was quite a bit. Paid retail for everything and paid for a professional installation company to do it. This after hiring a mobile tech. That was disappointing. He blew two speakers I bought for midship, left it with amps making a horrible hissing sound. Lesson learned (again). Hire the right company first.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
lol I don’t want to add it up. What I bought: Fusion Signature Series 8 channel amp and mono for sub; 2 Rockford M2D4-10IB subs, 4 M2-65 speakers, 6 M2-8HB horn speakers, 2 M2WL-8H Tower Horn speakers. Had to get a new Fusion head unit. Got same as OEM but added Sirius and tuner for it. Replaced house battery and added a second house battery. Have a controller to have all speakers light up. So it was quite a bit. Paid retail for everything and paid for a professional installation company to do it. This after hiring a mobile tech. That was disappointing. He blew two speakers I bought for midship, left it with amps making a horrible hissing sound. Lesson learned (again). Hire the right company first.
This is still my go to thread! Taking notes again.

So why did you need a new head unit? Was it because other guy damaged it or another reason?