• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

'06 SX210 fit on '05 AR230 MFI trailer ?

srf32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone. Brand new member here and glad I found this community - it is fantastic! Had a friend that introduced us to Yamaha jet boats and we're sold. Have been lurking here for the past few months getting educated while watching for the right boat. Close to picking up an '06 SX210 in good shape, but without a trailer.

Spoke to @Scuba_ref earlier today about his '05 painted MFI AR230 trailer for sale as we're also in Washington state. My question is whether it would be feasible to use this trailer with an '06 SX210. I believe the bunks on the trailer are not adjustable and are fitted to the hull. Not sure how different the aft half (as that's where most trailer contact is) of the 210 and 230 hulls differ to understand if it would be feasible to use this trailer without major mods. If bunk shapes are similar, I believe it would then just come down to getting the bow arm/winch moved in position to get to correct tongue weight.

Most 3rd party trailers seem to have a 3-4ft difference in min/max lengths for a given trailer model, so assuming this should apply to the MFI trailer if the bunks are similar.

Would appreciate any thoughts or previous experience from the community. We will be joining as owners soon and hope to contribute in the future as well. Thanks in advance!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went a little smaller on another boat trailer long ago due to need. I would suggest to try it if it's not unreasonably hard. They are close enough i'd think it would be just fine. But a test and close observation will provide the best answer.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As long as the 06 trailer was used for an 06 Yamaha you should have no problem with the fit as the 05 & 06 have the same hull. If the 06 trailer was reconfigured to carry another boat the bunks may have been moved.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If someone out there with a 2006 210 either SX or AR could get us a bunk spacing measurement then we could compare to my trailer to see if it will fit. Just a thought - that is the process I used to configure the bunks on my new trailer.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As long as the 06 trailer was used for an 06 Yamaha you should have no problem with the fit as the 05 & 06 have the same hull. If the 06 trailer was reconfigured to carry another boat the bunks may have been moved.
Ah, just realized you want to put a 210 on a 230 trailer. Obviously the bulls have a 2 foot difference. I don't see that working out. The bunk placement will be wrong and the stern tie downs won't workout for you.

srf32

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for everyone's feedback. Don't need to see if this is feasible now, as @Scuba_ref sold his trailer before I could convince my self to take on another potential project.... Probably a good thing :).