• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

08 AR210 pros/cons? Potential first jet boat

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi guys, just sold my Sea Ray and have been looking to get an AR210 for a while. Mainly because of the awesome swim deck for the kids and the ease of maintence with it because I will be mainly using it in salt water. I found an 08 about 5hrs from me for 17k OBO. He says it has 150hrs and looks to be in good shape. No rips or big stains on the upholstery or nothing like that. One big draw back is it has a steel painted trailer. That will only last a year around here because of the salt. But it’s something I can like with for a while. Was originally wanting a 12 and up AR210 because of the newer looking hull design but cheapest 12 I found within reasonable driving distance is 24k. What are you guys thoughts on the 08 or should I spring for something newer?

Attachments

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2012 Is a different boat, but the same engines. That boat at $17 is OK priced, but looks in great condition.

New trailers are usually $2500 at the low end but can go as high as $4500+ If you find one with galvanized trailer, that will be huge savings to you over this one. If you don't mind doing the legwork, once in a while we see galvanized trailers listed for sale from owners going dry dock or into a lift. Search Craigslist and you might save 1500+ by purchasing a used trailer vs custom made.

This is well priced, but lacks a big feature you need that will cost you. Be sure you count that in to your overall expense. If the 2012 is what you want and has galvanized trailer, You are not that far apart. Or, look for an older one already equipped with Galvanized Trailer, or be ready to pay for one.

Best of Luck however you proceed.

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I plan going the Craigslist route on the aluminum or galvenized trailer. I figured I could get this boat and just search CL a while until I find one. The painted steel should at least last a year. He’s asking 17, but going to offer 16 cash. Thanks for the feedback

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got it! Picked her up for 16k! Took it out on the water as soon as I got it. Slow speed maneuvering wasn’t THAT bad, bud ordered a set of thrust vectors anyway to help out for when I have my wife drive it or a buddy. Gonna have lots of questions in the future! Plan on adding sea dek, thrust vector, kicker red led speakers so far.

Attachments

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations @MacAR210
Hope you can put some hours on it before winter.

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m in southeast Texas man, our winter is about a month and a half 😂

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully I'll get my thrust vectors in before the weekend and get to try them out. Another thing I want to look at is the depth finder is not working. It comes on but shows no reading aross the screen. Previous owner said the speedo works sometimes and sometimes it don't but had no trouble with it on the sea trial, and out first trip out on it. Hit top speed of 44MPH with 2 adults 2 kids and half a tank of fuel. Any troubleshooting tips for the depth finder? I plan on buying a nice GPS/fish/depth finder eventually but not anytime soon.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Look at the aspect and position of the depth sounder sensor near the speed sensor under the boat. Sometimes if it hits something it can hinge up and it stops reading.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
But unfortunately it is likely bad. It was a common theme with our 2008 models to have depth finders and horns only lasting a couple years.

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Horn works fine so that’s a plus. Can I just replace the sensor part of it or do I have to buy a whole new gauge/sensor combo? The gauge still comes on and shows a read it’s just four dashed across the screen instead of the actual depth number. Going to try and mess with it this weekend.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check behind the dash that the sensor is fully inserted too. It does not screw it but just inserts in place if I recall correctly.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wish I could help more, @MacAR210 I just gave up early and replaced mine with a unit from Faria.