• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

08 limited newb questions

Sidebotr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hey everyone,
Just hauled home a new to me 08 limited. Beautiful boat! I am currently in a wet slip. A few questions.

I have a mooring cover that I could
Not figure out how to get on with the boat bumpers and dock tie downs on the cleats. Am I supposed to untie everything place cover over cleats then retie everything back into cleats. Seems overly painful. Sorry if I am missing something obvious.

how do ratchet the cover if it’s off the back of the boat and it is in a slip? I’m guessing there is a different cover I am supposed to be using.

The other questions is if in a wet slip do you guys still pull your clean out port plugs? Thanks

Ryan

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Sidebotr. Congrats on the new boat. My mooring cover has openings for the cleats as does yours but I was on a lift so didn't need fenders or dock lines. I would likely remove and replace each fender as you put the cover on. As you get to the clear with a fender or dock line remove it, put the cover over the cleat then replace the line or fender.

My cover also had a ratchet at the rear. I was able to stand on the covered swim platform and ratchet the cover snug then step off. And yes. Definately remove your plugs after each use. Leave them sitting crosswise over the tubes to dry so they don't swell. Also leave your bilge pump on. Do you have shore power?

Sidebotr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard @Sidebotr. Congrats on the new boat. My mooring cover has openings for the cleats as does yours but I was on a lift so didn't need fenders or dock lines. I would likely remove and replace each fender as you put the cover on. As you get to the clear with a fender or dock line remove it, put the cover over the cleat then replace the line or fender.

My cover also had a ratchet at the rear. I was able to stand on the covered swim platform and ratchet the cover snug then step off. And yes. Definately remove your plugs after each use. Leave them sitting crosswise over the tubes to dry so they don't swell. Also leave your bilge pump on. Do you have shore power?
Unfortunately I do not have shore power at the marina.so I’ll have to recharge the battery from time to Time.