• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1 pisser not pissing

TheGreekTitan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We were out today, and the port pisser wasn't ejecting water. Opened the engine hatch, and both engines felt to the touch to be the same temp. We did not overheat, and everything felt normal, and both engines were strong. I've read about wasps or dirt dobbers clogging the line, but noticed no visible obstruction. Is there an relatively simple way to make sure the line is clear? Wanted to disconnect the line and blow, but didn't have any tools on board (gonna rectify that this week).

Thanks in advance,
Another happy day on the lake

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Take a piece of weed wacker string and feed it in the hole from the outside. You said "port pisser", mine are on starboard. Did you mean pisser port? Mine were plugged when we first bought the boat and there was very little evidence that something was in there. Run the string up in there and poke thru the obstruction, then run the boat to clear it out. Good luck.

Last edited:

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Weed whacker line ... I was able to use it to explore the pisser line externally from the exit (no need to pull the tubing off) and find the mud dauber nest. The line is stiff enough to break up the mud. If you find a blockage with your probing and can’t get the weed whacker line to breakup the nest, use a garden house/water to saturate the nest and let sit for 5 minutes to soften the mud. There may be some other issues like your intake being blocked or kinks in the line that could also be the cause, but the above worked for my mud dauber blockage.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many of us that store our boats outside put something in the pisser holes when not in use--a large zip tie works. Saves some frustration later on.

To clean out, just remove the hose inside where it attaches to the exhaust, blow an air hose through it, then reattach.

-Greg

TheGreekTitan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great suggestions, thanks everyone. I'll try the weed wacker line first. Hopefully that will get whatever is up there if anything.

The "port pisser" BTW was because I throttled up the engines individually to determine which line was not ejecting water.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great suggestions, thanks ...
The "port pisser" BTW was because I throttled up the engines individually to determine which line was not ejecting water.
Sorry, I get it now...the port engine pisser.