• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 hour service quandary

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Having the same issue right now - I'm at 5 hours on the motors and thought I'd call today to schedule something around when I'd be at 10 hours (two weeks or so). Dealership is booked for a month for service, so I'll have well over 10, probably closer to 20-25, by the time I bring it in. Appears I shouldn't be that concerned about it.

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My dealer told me they thought the ten your service was too soon. He recommends 20-25. I think the theory with all early engine oil changes is it there is a shaving or foreign object from manufacture in there you want it out. I probably wouldn't worry about it.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Having the same issue right now - I'm at 5 hours on the motors and thought I'd call today to schedule something around when I'd be at 10 hours (two weeks or so). Dealership is booked for a month for service, so I'll have well over 10, probably closer to 20-25, by the time I bring it in. Appears I shouldn't be that concerned about it.
Just do it yourself. It's even easier to change the oil and filter in these things than it is cars since there's no drain plug.

TimmyH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dealer told me 10-20 hours is fine, even a little over 20