• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 hour service

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The manual is referring to 1.18 fluid ounces capacity and not weight in ounces correct? Should be fl oz since we're talking volume but want to confirm.
yes fl. ounces, and all guns show what their fluid ounces produce or you can look it up online.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did my 10hr service this evening. I went round and round on the best oil extractor to get, and ended up with this. liquivac.jpg Got it at Tractor Supply for $35.00. It took a while to extract the oil, but it got the job done without any problems. I used Yamaha marine grease for the bearing housing with a new Lucas Oil heavy duty grease gun. I couldn't find any specs on how many oz's per squeeze it puts out, so I did what a few of you did, and just did squeezes until resistance was felt(around 35). I do not have any oozing out, so I guess I am close enough.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The specification is in your owner's manual and it is important to make it as close to that as possible. Grease guns say how much they put out for pump Etc so you could tally it up for instance my 10-hour was like 26 pumps. Then I'm only like 6 or 7 pumps in each 100 hour service.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. With a bigger gun you need fewer strokes.
I could have told you that, Jack. ;)

--

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The specification is in your owner's manual and it is important to make it as close to that as possible. Grease guns say how much they put out for pump Etc so you could tally it up for instance my 10-hour was like 26 pumps. Then I'm only like 6 or 7 pumps in each 100 hour service.
I agree. However my Home depot special grease gun does not have any info anywhere on the output per pump. Nothing in instruction book, or online. So I based my initial target amount of pumps based on similarly size guns. I didn't over do it, and felt enough resistance to be satisfied enough is in there.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I agree. However my Home depot special grease gun does not have any info anywhere on the output per pump. Nothing in instruction book, or online. So I based my initial target amount of pumps based on similarly size guns. I didn't over do it, and felt enough resistance to be satisfied enough is in there.
That's cool and has been best info given by others for situation. I was just trying to mention in case. Need to keep that sucker lubed....lol