• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

10 Places to Raft Up in Florida

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting. this summer we will put together a gathering, somewhere that works for all.

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WHY don't I live in FLORIDA so I can boat all year round???????????? :( ...... oh yeah, kids are in school and I guess it's important for them to see their mother. Although I could live without that "treat" every other week when she gets them. ONE DAY I will be boating, or yachting or sailing :cool: year round... ONE DAY!!!

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Correct on Crab Island. And Destin is located in the Panhandle of Florida (Northwest section).

Crab Island is mostly knee to waist high. The north part of it is 2 1/2 feet for a good ways. You can see it on Google Satellite.

What a lot of people are unaware of is it used to be an actual island until storms knocked it down in the 1960's. So now it maintains more of a sandbar type deal ever since. So there's the history lesson for the day, haha

Everyone should check it out if you come this way.

View attachment 2362
Love the pic. I've only heard rumors about it ever being a real island. I've also heard that the pass at one time went through to the gulf on the east side of the harbor.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Love the pic. I've only heard rumors about it ever being a real island. I've also heard that the pass at one time went through to the gulf on the east side of the harbor.
Thanks. Yep, I've lived in Destin my whole life (43 years. East side of the harbor is only a pump station. The Pass has always been on the west side of the harbor though. It's actually man made and later added jetties. Long story but WAY back some locals dug out the narrow part of the beach because storms had the bay swelling high with water. Once they shovled a channel, the water filled up so fast they were almost swept away.