• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1000hp Chevy Engine

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The article notes, "The 632-cubic-inch ZZ632/1000 crate engine was designed for drag racing builds and not meant to be used on the street."

I guess this means that no one will drop one of these into a street rod, ;););)

Jim

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Meh - I thought they were trying to compete with SRT for a second.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Not bad numbers for pump gas naturally aspirated. You would need a huge tank for a street rod… another reason you will never see this in one of there production vehicles… driving down overall epa mpg. 😀

sign me up anyhow, my side by side could use a little more pep….

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Quite honestly, I wouldn't want one of these engines. What I would love to have is a 495 hp 6.2L LT2 V8 Chevy engine in a Corvette C8! :winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

Jim

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Meh - I thought they were trying to compete with SRT for a second.
SRT......Well, we haven't messed with the Caravan yet, any thoughts guys?......Yea, let's throw some wide tires and a GIANT motor in it, just like every other car we've made in the past decade! It'll be great!

With that said, I'll give them some credit for finding a recipe that buyers want and exploring that as best they can.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
SRT......Well, we haven't messed with the Caravan yet, any thoughts guys?......Yea, let's throw some wide tires and a GIANT motor in it, just like every other car we've made in the past decade! It'll be great!

With that said, I'll give them some credit for finding a recipe that buyers want and exploring that as best they can.
I would buy a 700hp minivan. 🤷‍♂️ The formula is classic. Badass looks with a ton of power, nothing else matters lol. I will probably get a TRX in its last year. Me and wife talked about getting rid of the Tesla for a HellCat in its last year too. Enjoy the last of V8 power before everything is boring.