• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

120 sport jet conversion to v6 mercury

Hydronutt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m wanting to know if anyone has taken a 120 sport jet (4cylforce) to v6 mercury is it possible

X-17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am intetested in similar for the 120XR2. I have checked part numbers and they are not the same. But they may still be the same parts......

Hydronutt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know the exhaust manifold and power head base plate is different obviously but does it have the same pump? And what other things will I have to check

nrvsrek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was thinking about this 🤔. I was even thinking about a four stroke conversion

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They are totally different I would consider a 4 stroke also from a P W C so there is room to do this as the mercury and force were outboard power heads on a jet pump one mounted above the other also the mercury parts are getting very hard to locate so if you are going to make a boat do it with parts that are readily available. If you are good with doing fiberglass work anything is possible. 40 years ago I took an inboard outboard hull and converted it to a sea drive , re did the stringers transom and the floor ,built in a live well and custom shock absorber pedestal seats that rotated and had rotating foot rests so I could sit and face the back of the boat when fishing I added 2 saddle tanks for fuel and it was a only a 19 foot hull I went 16 miles out in the gulf to fish and back then I only had a Lowrance and a compass to get back. I also built several other boats but that one was the most work .