• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

14 SX192 vibration.

YAMMY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a vibration from the stern as soon as I go over 2100 rpm.
It's not crazy but it's very noticeable and loud enough to be hard to talk over.
Kinda sounds like something heavy sitting in the bottom of the boat. ( There isn't )
I'm new to jet boats so I haven't gotten the nuances down yet.
Also there is a shutter in the throttle stick.
And the throttle won't stay in one place unless I'm putting.

Thanks guys.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Reverse hood is too low and obstructing the water flow from the nozzle ADJUST it up out of the way of the water first tighten the large white nut where the cable exits the hull then look at the bottom of the reverse bucket in relation to the top of the nozzle opening , the bucket needs to be just clear of the opening.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a vibration from the stern as soon as I go over 2100 rpm.
It's not crazy but it's very noticeable and loud enough to be hard to talk over.
Kinda sounds like something heavy sitting in the bottom of the boat. ( There isn't )
I'm new to jet boats so I haven't gotten the nuances down yet.
Also there is a shutter in the throttle stick.
And the throttle won't stay in one place unless I'm putting.

Thanks guys.
Sounds like you may have something stuck in your jet pump. You can pull the cleanout plug and feel around for something foreign or when you have it on the trailer you can give it a better look. You may have lost some sealant around your intake grate causing cavitation.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The symptoms are reverse bucket, pump issue he would have cavitation and the controls vibrating and the sound gave that one away

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I seem to remember the boats resonant frequency being somewhere in that RPM range. Unfortunately it was about the perfect speed for slow cruises.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I seem to remember the boats resonant frequency being somewhere in that RPM range. Unfortunately it was about the perfect speed for slow cruises.
Yep, there is that, many people have experienced the low RPM (but above idle) rumble in those singles (190/192). However, that would not effect the throttle or make it move, I don't think... i think CObra is on to something!

--

YAMMY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dam... That was the exact answer I didn't want to here.
Anyone know of a way to get rid of it? Some type of counter weight?

Also has anyone sound proofed their engine compartment?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, there is that, many people have experienced the low RPM (but above idle) rumble in those singles (190/192). However, that would not effect the throttle or make it move, I don't think... i think CObra is on to something!

--
I missed the part about the throttle. I did experience that too on occasion. Adjusting the bucket height seemed to eliminate almost all of it for me.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In
I missed the part about the throttle. I did experience that too on occasion. Adjusting the bucket height seemed to eliminate almost all of it for me.
In my case most any rumble was eliminated by switching to wear rings with removable delrin inserts, it really was one of very few things that could quiet a 190, somewhat.
Bucket adjustments notwithstanding.

Sebastian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Adjust above the spec? Meaning bigger gap in neutral position than in the manual?

I do have the same issue and it's sometimes a pain to adjust for cruising.
For me, pretty exactly 2200 works, but gets noisy above.
I noticed, it gets better when I rev up and lower the rpm to 2200.

YAMMY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In

In my case most any rumble was eliminated by switching to wear rings with removable delrin inserts, it really was one of very few things that could quiet a 190, somewhat.
Bucket adjustments notwithstanding.

Could you give me a link to what your talking about?
Like I said I'm.new to jet boats,. When I talked to a parts place they told me that there are no wear rings and that I would have to replace the entire housing. 580$ part.

YAMMY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That would be terrible.
I wonder if I can eliminate that vibration at all.
It is at the perfect putting speed.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could you give me a link to what your talking about?
Like I said I'm.new to jet boats,. When I talked to a parts place they told me that there are no wear rings and that I would have to replace the entire housing. 580$ part.
Just realized you have the 2019 boat!
Those are newly redesigned pumps, with no separate wear ring, and I doubt an after market part exists.

I'm surprised you have this problem, actually, those new pumps are supposed to have a different liner, should be much smoother.

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did you make sure the reverse bucket is up out of the way of the water exiting the nozzle ???? see how the buckets are above the top of the nozzle opening in this picture if your reverse is lower than the ones in the picture it will vibrate the controls and cable the cable will vibrate and resonate through the hull

Attachments

YAMMY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have not gotten to doing this yet.
The boat is currently in the water, but it needs a fill up so I may pull it out, fill it up and raise the bucket.
I know the throttle control vibration is from the bucket being low, I hope it has something to do with the vibration.
Also the throttle stick is a bit annoying, it's stiff yet it won't stay where I put it.
So cruising down the lake I have to hold the throttle for it to keep a constant speed.
It's stiff enough that I cant really eas into the throttle. It always jumps a bit.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

--
I definitely have a rumble in no wake mode 2 which is about 2200 rpm, but it goes away in no wake 3 at 2400.

YAMMY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I definitely have a rumble in no wake mode 2 which is about 2200 rpm, but it goes away in no wake 3 at 2400.
Yeah that's about the right spot.
I find these jet boats so loud, I think I'm going to try and a sound dampening/ vibration dampening material to reduce the noise. I just have to find the right one.