• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

$150 Shade

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got tired of getting fried in the sun, so I added this bimini for about $150. Covers the whole front in shade. Can be used while driving the boat too. Easy to put up and it stores in the boat under the Yamaha mooring cover. Clearance is about 6'3". Minn kota 72" trolling motor still fits with the bimini up. I just have to twist the motor when deploying to clear the poles.

IMG_0450.jpeg
IMG_0448.jpeg
IMG_0449.jpeg
IMG_0451.jpeg
IMG_0452.jpeg

IMG_0453.jpegIMG_0454.jpeg

Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice job Foobar, looks good. I like the fact you can move the boat without having to take it down.
I miss my boat, it sits in a rack in Islamarada as I sit in NY.

Dantino

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I got tired of getting fried in the sun, so I added this bimini for about $150. Covers the whole front in shade. Can be used while driving the boat too. Easy to put up and it stores in the boat under the Yamaha mooring cover. Clearance is about 6'3". Minn kota 72" trolling motor still fits with the bimini up. I just have to twist the motor when deploying to clear the poles.

View attachment 116983
View attachment 116984
View attachment 116985
View attachment 116986
View attachment 116987

View attachment 116988View attachment 116989
Thanks for the great pics Foobar. A couple quick questions for you if you don't mind. 1. Which spreader bar lights and black mounts did you go with? 2. What is the gray rectangular device in front of your battery compartment (mounted into port gunwhale under where black round rod holder is mounted)?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the great pics Foobar. A couple quick questions for you if you don't mind. 1. Which spreader bar lights and black mounts did you go with? 2. What is the gray rectangular device in front of your battery compartment (mounted into port gunwhale under where black round rod holder is mounted)?
Mounts for lights: Off-Road ATV UTV Light Bar Mounts
Single rear spreader light white/red color: Lumitec Caprera2 LED Spreader
Dual front spreader lights white only: Lumitec Caprera LT

Switch under gunwale: Bluesea weatherdeck switch

There are only 2 devices used on that weatherdeck switch at the moment. First is the Lumitec 101320 SeaBlazeX Spectrum LED Underwater Boat Light and the second is a raw water washdown pump I used to replace that piece of shit jet washdown.

I removed the Yamaha washdown switch and just hooked it up to the wires inside the changing room and let it dangle. I put a rocker switch in there for compartment lights. 4 front compartments, engine bay, battery box area, etc. I used these lights.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Note the round black thing above the weatherdeck switch is an AC plug for the two battery chargers I have on board for the (house + starting batteries) on one chargers and three trolling motor batteries on the second charger.