• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

175hp crankshaft switch

Malkel123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Hi everyone,

New to the forum, we recently bought a tango jetboat...beautiful well taken care off...but I guess that the oil pump fail and we got strand on our 3rd trip with it...a hole on the block by the oil pump..
I should had know better...and did the mix oil plus gas but I didn't...now my question is can we use a 150hp powerhead...switch the crankshaft from the 175hp since the spline is 13 spline and the 150hp is 8...would this work?...
My friend has a 150hp carburetor powerhead with maybe 230 hours...and he is selling me the power head for $500...if it works I don't mind spending another $1100 on a rebuild kit for a 175hp and put them together.

Any advice...and thank you in advance.

Malkel123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Jaja...that's a good one

Malkel123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Okay...so we got the boat running again...l guess now we have to do is couple of adjustments...like starting cold is a crazy thing...it takes time....once is hot is no problem....and also it runs like it be to much throttle...lm going to check the rpms tach since that didn't work before...just to see what rpms is doing at idle now...cause it seem super high.