• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

19' Yamahas - Best Fender Setup for Avoiding Dock Rash

My dealer set me up with hull hugr's and i initially hated them. I couldn't find a good place to attach them on the boat. They were too low when attached to the cleats and there was not a good place to tie them on to........

View attachment 131177

Then I ordered these from Amazon (Amazon.com: Airhead SUP Suction Cup Tie Downs, 2 pk.: Sports & Outdoors)
View attachment 131179

Night and day difference. I can attach them to the windows or the hull and they are now in the perfect place anytime. They also only take about 15 seconds to deploy all 4 of them. Don't know if I'd trust them overnight at a wet slip, but for a quick tie up for dinner or at the launch, they work great!
Sorry man but Hull Huggers are thrash...lol. I wouldn't use them for free. But to each their own

These things are big, but I only need two of them for our 21' boat:

For tying up, I put one on the middle cleat, and hang one from the tower. If it's windy, one from the tower and one on front cleat. Creates lots of space between the boat and whatever you might be tied to.
Babz balls at work

Attachments

• 20200822_180034_HDR.jpg
    20200822_180034_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 107
Sorry man but Hull Huggers are thrash...lol. I wouldn't use them for free. But to each their own

You won't get an argument out of me. And they were free! The point I was making was using the suction cups to hold them. No fender is any good if it isn't in a position between the hull and the dock

Good thread with good ideas, and I've been researching lately. I'm going with DL Fender Adjuster in the rear rod holder and Fastfender hangers up front on the grab handles (190 FSH) We do fenders on each side front and back because don't know what side will be open on busy ramps. Each one ramps has diff height that needs to be adjust quickly/efficiently This will free up the cleats for doc lines, no drilling, no relying on suction cups, no lines crossing deck from t-top, and can use existing fenders

I liked the Mission fender but I think for the low attachment point on stern they may not be ideal because they say the line needs to attach higher to lock in place. Definitely a nice design though for bow and attache to dock pilings

+1 for Babz! I tied two off to the docks in my slip. With the spring lines, babz are highly effective protectant for the gelcoat.5BA54E83-62B5-4DA1-A91B-56C26542B526.jpeg

Biggest mistake I see is people placing them right at front and right at the back. With the curve of our boat they don’t touch anything . We use two more towards the middle of the boat where they will provide the most contact and cushion. Front of the boat is a waste.

Usually don’t have an issue at any of the docks on my lake like this. I just tie the front a little short so the back can’t hit the dock.

11DD3571-06DA-42F8-89D6-14644CFDA1F4.jpeg

Purchasing this VIVOHOME fender kit with four, heavy-duty large boat bumpers is one of the wisest decisions that I’ve ever made. When I started using these large boat fenders with my boat and floating dock, I received a lot of compliments from my envious friends. They thought I bought the expensive brand. When I run into some friends, we tie our boats together before visiting a place. Nothing could be better than them as they hold all the vessels in place.

Last edited:
Back