• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 FSH drain problems

DavidGuldi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I am looking into buying one of these boys and saw a lot of people having a problem with water collecting and not draining. I know most of y'all are having this problem but is there anyone out there not having this problem? I don't plan on buying something I know is going to give me problems like soaking all my stuff. just looking for somebody to tell me that there not is working as it should. Thank you

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's a boat, don't let the drainage issue scare you away. After having my auto inflate life jacket explode into a "real" PFD while stowed in the center console I learned my lesson. There is no dry storage on the boat. Other than that, its basically just a 19' wave runner. Beat on it and go have fun. That's why they make dry storage bags.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am supposed to pick my boat up wednesday, you can bet if i have drainage issues it will be back at the dealer to get it fixed;).
The slow draining cockpit drain may just lose the flapper as from what i can see the discharge is above water and shouldnt be needed anyway.
hope you enjoy your boat. I'm gonna do my best.
@ClemsonTiger .. hows the nerves waiting on that new ride? nice find man.

Last edited:

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I agree with @ClemsonTiger I have never had a boat that no one could figure out exactly where the water is coming from and this is not a $2000 kayak. Not only that the only way to completely drain the boat is to have it on a hill. I took silicon to everything I could find in my center console and it still leaks so I now wrap it with a blue tarp when its outside. Still get water in the bottom of the storage area and not a single response from Yamaha. If someone asked me if I would buy Yamaha again heck no! Was interested in getting a boat with their motor but after numerous attempts to get them to resolve the changing room water problem I won't buy another of their products nor will I give a good recommendation. My wife likes the boat and it still allows me to do about 80% of what I want to do in a boat so its good for now. All I can do is try to help others on here try to work through the issues since Yamaha does not.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Agree with @Billy Marlin.
Admittedly, I personally haven't called Yamaha but it seems enough folks have that someone would have received some positive feedback on problem resolution from them but that doesn't seem to exist. My boat doesn't sit in a slip so I just deal with the leakage.
The dealer route...seems with most you might as well give your sister a kiss. "Just make the sale baby!" "Oh, that recall on the nav lights, we'll get right back to you on that." Yeah, whatever. Haven't got a call back from the dealer on a couple of issues since the day I picked up the boat.

I am still curious about the anchor locker drain or the thru-hull for the live well pickup as being possible culprits for water intrusion into the lower bilge area. I particularly hate how that plastic live well thru-hull rides on the trailer bunk. Given how crappy everything else that relies on silicone to keep separation between wet and dry is on this boat, I have no reason to believe Yamaha did a good job on those either.

But...I still like the boat and am having fun with it. Dragging it up to the Great Lakes motherland in a couple of weeks.

Zandi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I've been lurking here and reading about the boat since I bought mine last month. The amount of water in the boat has been annoying to me. I could "almost" understand water in the bottom of the boat or head, but the amount of water under the port passenger seat storage compartment and battery box has really bugged me. Was in the water two days ago and left my shoes in that compartment....soaked. I didn't spend a lot of time cleaning the boat that day since I planned on going out yesterday, but when I came home I was scrubbing it to put it away in the garage. After I clean it and put it away, I spend 15 minutes with a sponge pulling to left over water out of all the compartments. I had washed the fish locker with water and bleach and the water I was pulling out smelled like bleach so I took a look at the fish box... Found a hole under the drain that I can't believe Yamaha left. Pulled the thru hull fitting and found no sealant of any kind to even try and stop the water. Going to the dealership tomorrow to ask for a fix... Hope the pix work

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yamaha touts their robot precision hull and deck building. Ok, well maybe pretty good there.
So maybe they need to get some robots to do final assembly as well because I'm really unimpressed by just about everything a human has touched on these boats.

Do you watch these threads Yamaha? Ridiculous!

Zandi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
An unrelated problem I have with this fitting as I was looking at it was, what keeps a standard size ice cube from leaving the box down the hose? When I get a fix its going to include a screen of some sort that will limit the discharge to only water... Sad that this leak soaks the boat with bloody fish water.

Thomas Calarco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I am looking into buying one of these boys and saw a lot of people having a problem with water collecting and not draining. I know most of y'all are having this problem but is there anyone out there not having this problem? I don't plan on buying something I know is going to give me problems like soaking all my stuff. just looking for somebody to tell me that there not is working as it should. Thank you
David, I am a FSH Deluxe owner. I have about 10 hrs on my boat and so far I have had no water intrusion issues what so ever.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Thomas Calarco have you had yours outside in the rain at all? I don't seem to get water in my boat from just being on the water it all happens when it rains. For a standard boater who might not be in the rain it would not be a big deal but fishing in the rain is a very common occurrence for me.

Thomas Calarco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I don't think I have had the boat out in the rain.

Zandi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Have you used the fish locker in the front with ice? Can you put a picture of how your drain looks at the bottom of the locker? I was at the dealership today and they don't have any boats on the lot that I was able to look at. They are going to find a replacement that fits the hole completely. I will say that the boat is normally dry in the hull and I have yet to see the bilge pump come on. This leak is for sure the cause of the water in the compartment under the port passenger seat. I'm hopeful that it will also be the source of the water in the head.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My interior has been bone dry while in my slip at the lake but brought it home to give it a mid summer bottom cleaning. Its rained several times and the water is back under the console and rear compartments. Its also frustrating because that water gets in then sits in the heat so you get a lot of moisture even when you have stuff in storage bins or bags. Not to mention that sitting flat the boat does not drain 100% my bilge will actually kick on before water drains out the rear drains!

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow!!! I'm taking a look at mine tonight!!!

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I use the front cooler as a place to store my plano bait boxes since I have 2 other coolers on board. My pelican is used for drinks and food the igloo that came with it is for fish.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had the same issues with mine... water in changing compartment.. water in back two storage (under jump seats). I think i cured the water issue in changing compartment.. i took off both of the drain plugs and siliconed them (Yamaha never siliconed these and even with the plugs screwed in water would flow from out of the sides). I also noticed that the rubber doornseal was not secure and always came off at bottom. I took off the rubber molding and siliconed it on so it will not pop off in spots as it did..been out three times ( once in Marathon in the Keys and couple times off Clearwater ajd all three times got caught in storms with blinding rain... came home, and changing room was bone dry... before my fixes I woulda had 5 gallons of water down there... now just need to work on back compartments! Bough a 1.5" rubber stopper at Lowes for fish cooler in front no water issues there since i use that for my dry storage!

Attachments

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am taking boat to the dealer on Tuesday for them to look at and fix the front ice cooler drainage defect....

I'll let y'all know what they do to fix it...

Bryan

Attachments

Zandi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
That would be great I'd like to hear what your dealer is going to do. I dropped off the fitting and the pictures I took on Monday and still haven't received any information on how they intend to repair the hole. I also took Corey's advice and pulled the two drains from the deck in the head/changing room. I did find some silicon on the fittings, but not enough to stop water OR hold them in place after the two screws were removed. Seemed like inferior silicon to me, I tried to pull my shower door that had been installed 15 years, in my house bathroom, and had a harder time getting the silicon off. Going out tomorrow....without the fish locker and I put a plug in the hose to the overboard drain...just in case the one way valve....ain't so one way

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is the other side of the fish box drain. When I put water in the fish box to see if any went to the port storage I didn't really get any back there. The front of my drain looks just like the others, half ass silicone job.20160720_183238.jpg

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think the anchor locker drain is leaking also, maybe in between the anchor locker and the hull. This is the finish to my anchor locker drain. The anchor locker can get quite a bit of water in it at slow speed with a couple people up front since the drain is under water.20160720_190850.jpg