• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 FSH drain problems

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gawd!!!! That looks like crap. Looks like it'll absorb right into the fiberglass. I'll take a look at that as well. Thanks for the photo...

Bryan

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine is the same way...:wtf::wtf: Gonna fix that tomorrow! Its the society and generation we live with now.. half asses that take NO pride in their craftsmanship and work ethic... I am assuming that Yamaha has NO final inspections. If they do they are missing allot! How do you not have any or just a very small dab of silicone on all these drain ports on a boat they market for salt water use!!! No wonder the boat leaks all over!! I am going to go over my whole boat inch by inch because now I see that they are just slapped together.....Yamaha! for $35,000 you need to start inspecting the final product...If you are paying people to do final inspects they are sleeping while doing it!!!!

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah, it looks better now, but shouldn't have to take care of it. BTW we have a great time with our fsh. Just want to find out where the water in the bottom of hull that came up through changing room drains comes from. We get water from use or washing in the console and port storage by batterys. Not anything from downpours.

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We like our new FSH a bunch for sure.... I think it solves some problems we had with our other boat and is fun as heck to drive.... I have a neighbor who bought a different new center console from a dealer here and has had small but annoying problems on his boat as well. It's not uncommon for new boats to have some problems.... With our families great track record on all Yamaha products (pianos, guitars, etc) I think I'm just surprised by Yamaha missing the quality control on this model.... Hopefully, the leaks with stop with everyone working together here on the forum- then we make a list for other owners to take to their dealers for repairs....

In the end, if we get these items fixed, we'll look back down the road and will be happy that we only had small problems that were correctable... Hopefully

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for all the good stuff here. I had always suspected that area may have something to do with water intrusion to the bilge but now that I've actually looked closer at it I see that would be a physical impossibility.
That said, mine is not quite as bad as what @JDinfla has pictured but I'm still going to do something better as a fix.

I'm guessing a small nylon thru hull with an actual clamp nut on the inside so that there's a good place to put some sealant? Anybody gonna do anything different?...please share.

Zandi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So took the boat out without the fish locker and the head was 99% dry the whole trip so I'm sure at this point the leak from the fish locker was the cause of most of the water in the head under way. I was surprised to see water in the battery/port storage compartment before I even put the boat in the water. After I clean the boat I put it in the garage with my Kubota with the loader. My routine is to drop the tongue of the trailer to the ground to get the water out of the motor lid/rear seat drains then I put the tongue about 5 ft in the air to drain every thing out of the boat. The boat goes in the garage, I normally mop all the water I can see out of the head and battery box area, leave all the hatches open to dry. This water must have been sitting in the gunwale and it can't be dried. This was after 5 days in the garage opened up to dry. I'm going to get a plug for the front seat and am seriously considering removing the fish pole openings in the gunwale because any water going through there will sit in the gunwale and needs a 45 minute ride to the boat launch to get it out! IMG_3896.JPG

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have gotten plenty of water in the console with nothing but dry towels in the fish box. Here's my new improved fish box20160721_195421.jpg