• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190 fsh recall

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sorry for the short replies all, I was negotiating and when I saw the light I told them to wait so I could post a pic lol

I drove my boat 2 hours .. They kept it. It's possible in a week and change I may own a FSH.

Big Joe
I hope u get it,which model u want?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I noticed that Yamaha is not sealing this new light on the under side of the locker where the wire goes thru. My light was all fogged up the first time we took the boat out. I will be adding some silicone to it to keep moisture out.

It would have been nice to have a rubber fitting on the wire to plug the hole.
Im sorry to hear that, im sure once Yamaha find out they may fix that Issue im sure they are just trying to fix these issue ss fast that they can with coast gard fast so they can make the boats legal again ,thanks for letting us know that way we can keep an eye on it.
In my last video i went out with the old lights i quess coast gard did not see me .lol
That why light were in need of replacement lol

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Send that pic to your dealer. You'll be back for a new light before too long.

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@OUT ON THE REEF & @Murf'n'surf, I did email the dealer, i'm not so impressed with the new light at all. I can see a LOT of complaints if its not corrected. I can see Yamaha's fix already:

1) Fill all openings with 5200
2) Give back to customer

And yea, that robot is nuts. Maybe less coffee or stop sniffing the fiberglass! What the !!!!
In the factory video it says that Robots dont need a break but they realy need one i think they have fillings too.

MARC LECOURS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just purchased a 2017 Yamaha Sport. I absolutely love the boat. The Navigation lights mounted on the anchor Cover are blinding at night, perhaps the solution was for people who don't fish in the evenings. I need to alter it. Has anyone noticed the same thing, the reflection off the deck. Great, they can see me, but I am having difficulty seeing them.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I think you'll find quite few folks who have mounted a receptacle in the cover where the light normally sits and then have added a new set of pole mounted stowable nav lights. That solves the problem of a bow mounted trolling motor blocking the surface mounted light.

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I just purchased a 2017 Yamaha Sport. I absolutely love the boat. The Navigation lights mounted on the anchor Cover are blinding at night, perhaps the solution was for people who don't fish in the evenings. I need to alter it. Has anyone noticed the same thing, the reflection off the deck. Great, they can see me, but I am having difficulty seeing them.
i have the original lights on the side and the dealer was forcing me to do the recall but i refused because i hate that annoying center light that all the new boats come with, i recommend you to order the 2016 light that come on the side that is if they still make them and install it yourself ,i love my side light they dont bother me at all.
hope you get a solution ,Navigate safe my friend

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would be interested in creating a solution if you can take some pictures of the area and giving us some feedback on how you'd like to see it resolved.

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
hello i just recived a letter from Yamaha about a Recall on stern light and bow lights does anyone knows how the bow lights will look since they have to replaced the anchor looker, i dont like the idea of placing lights on the anchor looker ,i will like to see what they will look like.
sucks that now we have to take all the 190 fhs to the dealers. thats what we get for being the first experimental ginnie Pigs.
they look terrible , i personally did not reply to the recall im not making my boat look terrible with the new single light and a power cable dangling from the lid every time i open the anchor looker, thats my opinion, im a ginnie pig too lol

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
i have the original lights on the side and the dealer was forcing me to do the recall but i refused because i hate that annoying center light that all the new boats come with, i recommend you to order the 2016 light that come on the side that is if they still make them and install it yourself ,i love my side light they dont bother me at all.
hope you get a solution ,Navigate safe my friend
I kept wondering what those round ports were on port and starboard until I saw your thread and realized they were where the old nav lights went. Ah ha!
The new nav lights don't look bad to me but never thought about how they might interfere with mounted trolling motor. But based on what I've seen on the forums, they don't seem to mount far to the centerline due to the anchor locker door.

IMG_1244.JPG IMG_1245.JPG

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
thank you for the picture and yes that is ware the the light go and i dont like the anchor locker light is on the way and there if you look the lid that light dont belong there ,they placed it on the non skid that was a factory fast correction that the US Coastguard force Yamaha to do

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Looking at a lot of pics of other center consoles it looks like they place the lights both in the center and the sides of the boat. However, unlike the Yamaha placement on the sides, on other boats, both lights can be seen simultaneously. Whereas Yamaha placed them facing outward to port and starboard. So if you're off to the port side of the boat, you can't see the starboard nav light. This is the CG violation. If you only see one light at a time you can't determine direction of travel or relation to the Yamaha. Hence, the change up.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So if you're off to the port side of the boat, you can't see the starboard nav light. This is the CG violation. If you only see one light at a time you can't determine direction of travel or relation to the Yamaha. Hence, the change up.
Don't have my Chapman's handy or know the exact regs by heart I'm but not sure if agree with that or maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying.
Either way, the whole point is not to see both lights at the same time unless you are heading straight on. Seeing only one light is exactly what gives you the direction of travel and seeing that light in conjunction with the white all around light helps you determine the size of the vessel.

And as far as the recall, I'm fairly certain it had everything to do with the mounting angle of the old nav lights and nothing else. The lights were angled too much and actually pointed upward instead of flat out toward the horizon. Like @OUT ON THE REEF mentioned, I like the original setup better and still have the old lights on my FSH.If I ever get my other honey-do's done, I plan on getting in the machine shop and creating some type of custom spacer that will level out the old lights and bring them into compliance.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Don't have my Chapman's handy or know the exact regs by heart I'm but not sure if agree with that or maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying.
Either way, the whole point is not to see both lights at the same time unless you are heading straight on. Seeing only one light is exactly what gives you the direction of travel and seeing that light in conjunction with the white all around light helps you determine the size of the vessel.

And as far as the recall, I'm fairly certain it had everything to do with the mounting angle of the old nav lights and nothing else. The lights were angled too much and actually pointed upward instead of flat out toward the horizon. Like @OUT ON THE REEF mentioned, I like the original setup better and still have the old lights on my FSH.If I ever get my other honey-do's done, I plan on getting in the machine shop and creating some type of custom spacer that will level out the old lights and bring them into compliance.
That's the problem with replying on a cell phone when I'm out and about. Not a clear message. Yes, you're supposed to see them both head on. As you know, it wouldn't make sense to see them both if you're looking only at one side of the boat. I included the pic so you can see, they do angle up but you can see them if you're on the horizon too. Not so sure why they made a big deal about it if that was the case.

I can't tell though, since I don't have that setup, could you see both lights clearly head on?

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
That's the problem with replying on a cell phone...
I figured that was probably the case.

Since I hadn't really looked at my boat head on at night, you peaked my curiosity so I just opened the garage door and took this really crappy, grainy cell phone photo standing in my driveway, about 25' in front of my boat. Both lights are visible. I'm going to have to try the long distance side horizon thing one of these days. I would have bet my left testicle that the upward angle was the downfall from the side view. Perhaps I'm wrong. Good thing I didn't bet.IMG_20170709_212122295.jpg

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I figured that was probably the case.

Since I hadn't really looked at my boat head on at night, you peaked my curiosity so I just opened the garage door and took this really crappy, grainy cell phone photo standing in my driveway, about 25' in front of my boat. Both lights are visible. I'm going to have to try the long distance side horizon thing one of these days. I would have bet my left testicle that the upward angle was the downfall from the side view. Perhaps I'm wrong. Good thing I didn't bet.View attachment 59219
The proof is in the pudding as they say. Looks pretty clear to me and I'd bet that at a distance it would be just as visible. Looking through the 215+ pages of the USCG Nav Rules book there is really only one pic and description that appears to apply to our boats.

"On a vessel of less than 20 meters in length the sidelights may be combined in one lantern carried on the fore and aft centerline of the vessel, except that on a vessel of less than 12 meters in length the sidelights when combined in one lantern shall be placed as nearly as practicable to the fore and aft centerline of the vessel."
Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 10.19.15 AM.png

But when you look at this....it's NOT from the USCG manual, one could see that the other design seems acceptable:

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 10.26.04 AM.png

Oh well...the inter web of thingys!

Safe boating!