• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

192 Heat Soak After IC swap

sebmcadet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Feels like this thread may be related to my current issue:

I've lost RPMs at WOT last weekend. The max I got was 6800rpm. Warm weekend, warm water. So maybe heat soak.
So in my journey to troubleshooting the issue I've changed my air filter form the stock Yamaha airbox to the K&N larger air filter.
My spark plugs are from June. Oil changed in Aug. Battery changed this summer as well.
My throttle range seems good (hit to stops on both end)
I have the stock SHO IC (Did not upgrade: this seemed to be a $200 upgrade 2-3 yrs ago, today the SVHO part is $2,000!)

Today water temp was 82F. I started with a cold engine and ran it at WOT for a few min (so I assume the engine just started to warm up). Max RPM was 6900rpm (I saw it hit 7000, but then settled at 6900).
I don't think it's a heat soak issue, as I barely ran it for a few min but can't rule it out.
Once at 6900 rpm it stays there. Ran at WOT for another 6-7 min and headed back. (I didn't check the pissers temp though!)

Any advice anyone?