• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

192 transducer in a 2014 190...who has done it?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To answer @ken4motion, yes this is an easy install when swapping out the transducer on the 190 for the one used on the 192. You do not need any sealant. The transducer is a multi part transducer. You are going to be unscrewing the guts of the transducer and replacing them with the guts of the one you buy. The part that is sealed to the hull will not need to be removed. The wiring harness plug is right next to the one that your current transducer is plugged into. It should be labeled "triducer" and will have 3 wires in it instead of 2 if I remember correctly.

When you purchased your boat you should have gotten a bag with the airmar instructions and a black plastic dummy plug. It tells you how to take the transducer apart and use the dummy plug if you were ever doing the job in the water to stop the boat from sinking. You should be able to get this done pretty easily.
ok folks,
new Kid here, i have a 2015 SX190.
reading thru all the threads, my boat came with the "black thru-hull plug" in a bag. what do i need to do to get depth and temp to show up on my LCD Display?

Sorry I'm Late to the party - this is my first jet boat....

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jumping here. I have a 2017 SX190 and installed a Garmin Combo(GPS/Depth Finder) in the Dash and connected to the ride plate.

EZ install and no holes in hull. Works at all speeds and 5 years on works like a charm.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jumping here. I have a 2017 SX190 and installed a Garmin Combo(GPS/Depth Finder) in the Dash and connected to the ride plate.

EZ install and no holes in hull. Works at all speeds and 5 years on works like a charm.
Aloha - i did see your install video - Awesome work!! , but its more than i need for lake travels here in Texas - i just want make the OEM gauge LCD work..