• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195 fsh sport or 210 fsh sport in salt water?

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I run about a mile on Estero river to get into the bay with 210 FSH. River is pretty shallow in spots 1’-2’ and only 5’-6’ at it’s deepest. I’m not upon plane and haven’t had any problems, but I haven’t stopped in shallow water either. I don’t like to see 1’ on the Garmin!
Thanks for the reply. My original post was in Jan before the boat arrived. I have since enjoyed many hours on the boat with the family including the ICW and offshore near Emerald Isle, Atlantic Beach NC area. We have been in some really shallow waters 1'-2' and haven't had any trouble. very rarely even see the bottom being stirred up unless it gets really shallow. I just make sure we keep moving and just shut the engine of when not. We have anchored at the sand bars several times and back into it. drop anchor back into the sand bar and stop the engine and glide in until about 1' of water and it is perfect.

So glad I bought the yamaha jet drive over an outboard. I love the 195 but have decided to get a 210 when it comes in.

Just recently purchased a 10'x10' inflatable dock and it gives everyone plenty of extra room to layout, sit and relax. It inflates to hard enough to sit chairs and a cooler on.