• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195fsh sport - starboard self drain port not draining at all, Bilge pump doesn't seem to be working correctly

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any ideas on how to ensure the drain is cleared out. I tried flush with a garden hose. debris comes back out but only what didn't drain correctly the first time. it isn't draining at all new from the manufacturer so that tells me something wasn't installed correctly. if it were clogged I would think it would at least drain slowly. When emptying the live well some water from the live well comes into the deck through the hull drain. had a few extra minnows swimming around the deck .... lol

bilge sometimes doesn't turn on, if i do get it to work it never shuts off. I don't believe the auto bilge is working as after a hard rain there is always water in the bilge. If I can get it to turn on it will pump all of the water out and continue to run when empty. Shouldn't it turn off automatically so it doesn't burn up the pump?
I am sure the dealership will take care of these items but I prefer to do myself.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Last edited:

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You can flush your deck drains by using a hose and a rag. With the water flowing, form a gasket around the hose at the drain intake to use pressure to flush it clean. If this does not work, you will need to check for a kinked hose.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
FWIW - Where we vacation and get lots of rain, we get bombed by a very dirty Oak tree with lots leaves and black stuff falling into the boat. There comes a point where flushing with hose doesn't get everything out. Last time there, I ended up pulling out the scuppers and cleaning both the front and back side of the flappers. Stuff had caked up behind them and they couldn't open all the way. All good again.

Edit:
Sorry, I re-read your post. Not working from new? Better just pull them out and see what the heck is going on or deal with it under warranty.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies - I will try a couple of more suggestions tomorrow. I looked for some way to access the drain but doesn't appear to be one without removing the live well. The dealer said they have seen debris from manufacturing clog them. Said to blow out with air compressor and then flush. I think it will be something more than that since it doesn't drain at all. I will provide an update when available.

Last edited:

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Under normal operation of the bilge (on newer boats), the dash switch should be off. As the bilge is direct wired to the battery and has a water sensor built in. When the water gets high enough, it will kick on and pump most of it out before turning off. When you turn the dash switch on, your overriding the sensor mode and forcing it to pump. It won't turn off until the switch is turned off. I use the switch just to confirm the bilge pump works and then turn it off.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Under normal operation of the bilge (on newer boats), the dash switch should be off. As the bilge is direct wired to the battery and has a water sensor built in. When the water gets high enough, it will kick on and pump most of it out before turning off. When you turn the dash switch on, your overriding the sensor mode and forcing it to pump. It won't turn off until the switch is turned off. I use the switch just to confirm the bilge pump works and then turn it off.
Thanks - I confirmed this in my manual the other day as well. my bilge doesn't operate in this manner. it will sometimes turn on when I flip the switch on and it never turns on automatically when needed. I called the dealer and they are going to take a look at for me along with a couple of other smaller items like I mentioned the starboard drain and then there is a dock cleat that was loose from factory and both nuts have come off twice now.

overall the boat is doing everything as expected and running well.

Thanks for the reply

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Amazon sells 20-30 dollar endoscopes- you would be amazed what you will find in those drains. deckdrainSB.png