• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195id Hull Cutouts Diagram

thudd3r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
i recently went on the hunt to try and find out oem location scarab used for the optional transducer. after alot of searching images, posting on forums, etc. i came up empty. i did finally get a reply from a tech at scarab, who sent the attached file. it diagrams all of the optional cutouts for the 195id hull. i have an open but they should be the same for either model. thought this may help others too

Attachments

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing! Given that the 195 is a shrunken version of the 215 (or vice versa), this info will be useful across both (and maybe 255 as well) hulls. You must have been pretty persistent with the folks at Scarab; information like this is hard to come by.

Cabin2010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Perhaps i'm blind, but i dont see the transducer location ??

Cabin2010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
great thank you, I dont suppose you know where the installed the SIMRAD transducer do you?

ShlepRock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
great thank you, I dont suppose you know where the installed the SIMRAD transducer do you?
I don't.. That is on the back of the boat I believe.. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that one.. The diagram I have is for the depth transducer that comes with the Scarab.

Cabin2010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
The sinead is a factory option, really curious if they used a thru hull for the sonar...

captaindave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I have the same boat except 2018. I installed a Lowrance HDS Touch 9 flush mount in the helm. I ran into a Lowrance rep at my local Marine store, he said to silicone the skimmer transducer included inside the hull. I made an adaptor out of PVC to put in the hull(where scarab recommends) and filled with silicone to hold the transducer. Has been working fine all season. Can I ask what transducer you used for the sonar and if you went with a thru hull? I made Starboard transom saver and glued it to the hull near the drain plug to attach the total scan transducer. Works good. Have not figured out a good way to run the cable.

thudd3r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
i went with a thru hull. there is a flat spot near the front of the motor that scarab uses for it. it isnt marked or anything, so the attached diagram was useful. i use the airmar p319 transducer. worked great and didnt experience alot of noise

Amazon.com: XSONIC AIRMAR P319 : Electronics