• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195S Stereo/Amp Location Help

dwillson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I am picking up my new 195S next week, and I am trying to get some stereo equipment ordered now so I will have it and be ready to install it the day I pick up the boat. I am ordering online through a company called Earmark (highly recommended in other threads). The gentleman I am working with (Odin) recommends installing the amps in the storage area directly behind the steering wheel/touchscreen. Does that location makes sense to 195S owners? His thought is that they will be mounted near the touchscreen controls, plus it is an area that is a little more out of the way of commotion and water (as opposed to mounting under the rear seat where the battery is located). My concern is that it will be located further from the rear swim-deck head unit. Isn't that rear unit the main control unit of the stereo system and also the unit that the amps will be connected to? My ultimate goal of this tread is to determine the best place to mount 2 amps and then determine what size amp board I need them to make for that space. Any help would be appreciated. I like the idea of locating the amps behind the steering wheel and touchscreen. Just wondering if it is going to make install much more difficult. Thanks