• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1994 sea rayder Jet boat no start

stan conatser

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
hi, i have got a 1998 sea rayder xr 175 hp and i bought this they said needed stator well i done that and trigger and still no spark so i been changing wiring harness and ecm but im not sure if i got all the wires in order been trying to look it up but not getting correct one and i cant seem to find a mannual on boat either could someone help me out im just lost

drs1250

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have same issue no start no spark

Have you checked the flywheel magnets mine were loose and cracked but that didn’t fix my issue -on to the switch boxes

drs1250

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a manual try this for wiring

Attachments

drs1250

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Would you be interested in selling your old ecm

Pestilence

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi, so I have a 1994 sea rayder with a Mercury sport jet 90 in it, I had it running for a short period of time last summer, but when I tried to start it in April there was no spark, and now there is no crank. I checked timing (This was the issue last time) and replaced the starter solenoid but to no avail. I can get it to crank if I jump the solenoid, but still no spark. Any suggestions? Thanks.
If you have boat still and havnt fixed might have a solution

BryanBrock

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Power does nor go to the switchbox, The ignition is powered off part of the stator windings.
There are two or three wires from the stator for the switchbox depending on if the stator is red or black.
The 12 volt power to the battery charging is from the two yellow wires that go to the rectifier/regulator.
There is a kill circuit that comes from the keyswitch and safety switch.
If the circuits were hacked up then you need to get a manual so that you can trace the circuits.
If you have the red stator (look under the flywheel from the side with the starter) there will be an adapter bar for the power to the switch box.
If it is a black stator no adapter on the top of the switch box, but three wires one ground (maybe) and a high and low speed winding.
To proceed you will most likely have to download a copy of the manual.
I have the file in PDF and could email it to you.
Hi I own a. 94 sea rayder also bought it two weeks ago and I'm essentially in same situation could you email manual please bryanbrock93@gmail.com. Is really appreciate it is there00 anyway you could look at pic and tell me if it's a problem also check out seats just re vinyled

Attachments

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry I did not see this request. Did you get a manual?

drs1250

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow the SB is fried.....

BryanBrock

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sorry I did not see this request. Did you get a manual?
No that would be great . You say I can see if stator red or black from starter side il check that out doesn't that box not sure exact name look as if it's been broken in the pics I attached?. Do you think that is problem . I appreciate help I have some general engine knowledge but not sure about this I got boat for 250$ and they knew nothing about history of boat but I had always wanted one .

drs1250

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The pic you shown is the switch box it’s cracked open needs replacement there are 2 of them

Sharlene

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Power does nor go to the switchbox, The ignition is powered off part of the stator windings.
There are two or three wires from the stator for the switchbox depending on if the stator is red or black.
The 12 volt power to the battery charging is from the two yellow wires that go to the rectifier/regulator.
There is a kill circuit that comes from the keyswitch and safety switch.
If the circuits were hacked up then you need to get a manual so that you can trace the circuits.
If you have the red stator (look under the flywheel from the side with the starter) there will be an adapter bar for the power to the switch box.
If it is a black stator no adapter on the top of the switch box, but three wires one ground (maybe) and a high and low speed winding.
To proceed you will most likely have to download a copy of the manual.
I have the file in PDF and could email it to you.
If I send you my email can you send me a copy. I am having the exact same issues

markplaz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Other
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Any chance someone could email a manual for ‘94 sea rayder 90
I am working on carb cleaning/rebuild among other things to get this girl running 🤞🏼and best place to get gaskets and the sort? Much appreciated

Last edited:

markplaz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Other
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Any chance someone could email a manual for ‘94 sea rayder 90 to: mark.man8522@gmail.com
I am working on carb cleaning/rebuild among other things to get this girl running 🤞🏼and best place to get gaskets and the sort? Much appreciated
Taken care of! Thanks JD