• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1994 Sea Rayder Possible Cavitation

lardawg

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Hi All,
Last summer I bought this boat with a SportJet 90 and ended up rebuilding Ignition, New Stator, New Trigger and new Fly wheel. The motor is finally running great but I'm to deep in to stop now:) I took it out a couple weekends ago and it was running pretty well, still a bit sluggish until it gets to plane. As the day went on it started getting weaker and weaker and we just basically putted around to finish the day.

So I found a "tech" local lake guy and took him for ride, very little propultion but motor running storng. There a was a tornado or corkscrew look coming out so the guy thought it was Impeller. I took it apart, except impeller because I'm fighting with it but also It doesn't seem in horrible shape.

The wear ring has a pretty good gouge in it but it's after the Impeller so I do't think it's hurting anything. If I get it out I'll put some JB Weld on it. The Ride plate gasket has a few gashes in it but also doesn't seem horrible. I'll stick some silicone in it and see if that helps.

From the pictures or description does anyone know what it could be? lots say New gasket changed there world, but I'm kinda tired of just throwing money at it! Thanks for your help this forum has been amazing.

Attachments