• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1995 sugar sand mirage

stlane23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Other
Engine runs (merc 120) like a dream just. Moves 30 miles an hour on water and have to get someone heavy in the front to get the nose down. From research i did they are supposed to hit 50-60. Any ideas would be great

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice, my (now) wife wanted a 4+2 sooo bad when we 1st met way back when. Fun boats.

Boctor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
I have the same problem.

Russ Connelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sucked up a piece of rope once in mine. Couldn't see it but sure made a big difference in performance. Pulled it out and got a good light on it and there it was. Got it unwound, put it back in and right back to 50 mph!!

Justcruisin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I have a ‘96 mirage and while the nose comes up initially it levels out after 5-10 seconds and the speed picks up as well. The only time I had this issue just as you described it I had picked up quite a bit of lily pads debris on my intake grate. I stopped the boat and jumped off the back and cleared the debris, boat returned to top speed and performance. Russ Connelly mentioned sucking up a rope. Might be worth looking at your intake for debris.

Top Bottom