• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1996 heat w/sport jet 120 no spark

Adam Andree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
New here,
I picked up a 96 sugar sand heat with the sport jet 120xr. Gentlemen I got it from was told it needed a flywheel and it would run, he put a flywheel on and it didn’t run so he was done with it. I have replaced the stator to the updated red style, replaced cdi box and still have no spark. Tried unplugging black and yellow wire on rev limiter and no change. Plan on replacing ignition trigger this week. My current question is how do I know if I have the correct flywheel. I’m not sure previous owner got the correct one. There are no numbers on it but it does fit and starter does engage properly. Is there a difference between the 3 and 4 cylinder ones in regards to the part that fits down in the trigger.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
the common issue with those is the rectifier goes bad and fries the brain, so I would start there do a search I have posted a lot of info on this over the past years