• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1996 Regal Rush XP 120 jet boat - Broken Control/Shift Cable

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Received new cc21310 control/shift cable from EBay. Will install on Monday! Keep you posted!

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
New cc21310 control shift received and installed. Also installed a new liquid tight dome Cap Cable Gland to the 10” tygon tubing connected to the thru Hull connect fitting.
Just need to reinstall the ride plate, test the new control box and make any necessary adjustments.
More photos to come.

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great!
A little liquid soap helps get the ride plate and gasket in place.
Sometimes getting one set of screws in and using a 2X4 and a heavy object to bump it into place.

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Thanks RedBarron55! I purchased all new stainless steel screws. They are Allen instead or Torx. We’ll see how they work out. Looking forward to ending this project and get back on the water!
Photos to come!
Ski

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
New cc21310 control shift received and installed. Also installed a new liquid tight dome Cap Cable Gland to the 10” tygon tubing connected to the thru Hull connect fitting.
Just need to reinstall the ride plate and test the new control box and make any necessary adjustments.
More photos to come.

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking good!
I have heard that making the front level with the hull is important and yours (can't see well) looks like it is a little low, but it could be the camera angle.
Great job using the board to pry if into place.

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Thanks RedBarron55! I will definitely look at it this morning and snap a photo. Have been charging battery all night and will try to start in a little bit.
Hoping all goes well!
Keep you posted!
Ski

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Boat started fine!!! Forward, neutral and reverse seem to be working great! More photos and a YouTube video link to come. Thank you all for your help and support in this project! It definitely was a learning experience!
Best regards,
Ski
PS I will also get that photo of the ride plate in relation to the Hull this morning!

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Hi, finally reduced the size of some photos. Please see attached. Working on YouTube video. Will post link soon.
Thanks for all your help.
SkiIMG_9911small2016.jpg IMG_9912small2016.jpg IMG_9910small2016.jpg

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, kind of off-topic, but I just realized that @Roger Ski Gapinski seems to have been doing all of the RnR work with his boat on a lift, OVER THE WATER!!!!!
OMG! I'd have to buy two of everything cuz I'd be dropping things into the water during the RnR.
I'm impressed. Slow clap.

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Thanks MrMoose! Went “skin diving” twice! Successful only once! It’s been many years since I’ve been completely underwater! Ear issues!
Plus with these 90F+ days the water feels great! haha
I went to Home Depot and bought a large magnet, tied it to a string and “bobbed” for the lost item(s)! After my first immersion I utilized the grandkids tube with a towel or old rags to catch anything I dropped. Worked! haha
I’m almost finished with my YouTube video on the project. Might be posting today so please keep a lookout for it! I will post link here and on iBoats.
Unfortunately today I creeped the throttle up to 40mph and I felt some shudder. I immediately came to idle speed and came back to my boathouse and put her up on the lift to see if there was anything obvious. The ride plate, screws, etc looked good! I’m researching what it might be BEFORE I take her out again. Will be sure to check location of gate in relation to forward, neutral and reverse and their stops. Do you have any suggestions?

Will post outcome probably tomorrow!
Thanks,
Ski

Last edited:

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks good!
There is a SB on the location of the bucket in forward.
The lip should be 1/8 " or a little more above the top of the nozzle.
If you pull out the fast idle button on the throttle you can run up the pump in "Neutral" to see what happens there.
You can also tie the boat firmly to the dock and run it WOT and the RPM will be just about the same as moving in the water.

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Thanks RedBarron55! I’ll try, but what is SB?
The URL link is to the finished YouTube video. Thank you for your help and support! It’s not the best but I hope it will help others!
Take care,
Ski
PS it’s a bit long. I may break it down into parts.

Last edited:

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Service Bulletin is about positioning the bucket

SEVERE VIBRATION/REVERSE GATE ADJUSTMENT
There is some normal vibration from idle up to planing speeds. Severe vibration, at all speeds, was found to be the result of the reverse gate interfering with the rudder water flow. The reverse gate must be adjusted so that in full forward position, the reverse gate bottom edge (a) clears the rudder opening (b).

a - Reverse Gate Bottom Edge b - Rudder Opening
An improperly adjusted reverse gate will also result in loss of performance and/or a reverse gate forward stop failure. Refer to Service Manual 90-824724 for complete instructions on adjusting the reverse gate.

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Thanks again RedBarron55! Will try on Monday! I will keep you posted!
Ski

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
EC3CCD4C-384F-46A1-869F-389396314C6F.png Today’s update - attempted to adjust the gate in forward. Unfortunately, the port side Stop Reverse Gate and bolt are missing. So the next step is to drill out and replace. New parts have been ordered. Keep you posted!
Ski

Last edited:

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Removed the reverse gate stop washer broken bolt. Please see photos. Now waiting on the new stop washer.IMG_9922arrow2016.jpg IMG_9926arrow2016.jpg IMG_9928arrow2016.jpg IMG_9940qarrow2016.jpg IMG_9941arrow2016.jpg IMG_9950arrow.jpg IMG_9951arrow2016.jpg IMG_9955small.jpg IMG_9959arrow2016.jpg IMG_9963arrow2016.jpg IMG_9966arrow2016.jpg IMG_9968small2016.jpg IMG_9969arrow2016.jpg IMG_E9936.JPG

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You had good luck getting the broken parts out.
Sometimes it helps to heat the heck out of the boss.
Now just some waiting.
You could just buy a rubber stopper of the right size, drill an off center hole and go if the stop is delayed.

Roger Ski Gapinski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
That’s a great idea! I would have never thought of that! Only a few more days though.
Thanks,
Ski