• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1999 Yamaha 270 Exciter Conversion to 4 stroke

Special Ed

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
Hey Everyone...
Would it be possible to convert our boat engine over to the FX140 4 stroke engines? I know that the wiring could be a night mare. Not sure if we can keep the same pumps on it? I'm just SOOOO tired of the 2 stroke blue smoke motors. Thanks!

Yeah it’s been done before. There’s a thread that’s been going on for a year plus in the exciter sub forum documenting the process.

You will need the engine ECUs and likely most of the electronics out of a pwc along with a bunch of custom wiring. Custom motor mounts need to be made but I believe the pumps/couplers and shaft in the boat will work.

After a bunch of time and more money than the boat is worth you’ll be left with a slower boat.

or you could just buy some klotz ski craft and embrace the smoke while you enjoy the smell.

Buy some what? Klotz Ski Craft? We definitely are tired of the smoke and the smell...lol. Damn...and the end result is slower? That doesn't make sense. That's no good either. Do you know where this other thread is? I searched and couldn't find the thread on here...

Last edited:
Market is hot, maybe it is a good time to sell and by something newer ...

it will certainly cost less that way and you will have a better boat ... just my 2cent

Back