• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

'20 195 Deluxe vs. '19 190 Sport

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looking at two boats, both used. Besides obvious differences like engine and tower.... what else is different? Anything I should pay extra attention to mechanically?

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I found 3 differences:
  1. Tower vs Bimini
  2. Engine high output vs super charged
  3. Bow seat in a Deluxe that can be added to a Sport ($500 this past summer)
  4. The towing weight varies between models.
Hope this helps,

Tom

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Personally for my use, I would pick the 195 Deluxe over the 190 Sport.

Aside, from the higher horsepower engine, I like the ability to install a Fishmaster Pro Series Folding T-Top on the Deluxe, as the boat would then likely fit in my garage without having to unbolt the factory T-Top on the Sport. I will add that I prefer the Scarab 195 Open over the Yamaha 190/195 FSH. The Scarab T-Top is a folding top. The one thing I don't like about the Scarab, however, is the smaller (31 gallon) fuel tank.

Jim

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
How many hrs on each? Both used in saltwater I presume? Check the condition (and presence) of the anode.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
130 vs 110, 110 I think mostly salt, 130 mostly fresh with some salt. I am leaning towards the Deluxe. It is a bit more complicated to buy though (further way, still has a loan with Yamaha)