• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2000 Yamaha Ls2000

Corey lang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hey all. So I’m new to the jet boat owning. I bought my ls2000 used about 2 weeks ago. I went this past Wednesday to put it in the water for the first time. Noticed it idles rough and once I give it any throttle it stalls out and then struggles to start back up. Weird thing is that in the yard with water hooked up it starts right up, idles fine and throttles up with no issues. Someone told me it could be a carburetor issue? Any thoughts? Thanks

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd make sure you have new spark plugs. Make sure the oil lines are in good shape and connected if you aren't on premix. It's quite likely the carbs need rebuilt. Most people recommend using genuine Mikuni parts for everything. I'll be tackling mine this winter.

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
In water there is more load on the engine. Would second a set of spark plugs if not new as these 2stroke are very dependent on a tuned carb and a hot spark.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Likely the carbs if they haven’t been rebuilt. Start with new fuel filters, new gas (drain old...), new spark plugs, and clean up the screens in the flame arrestors. I still recommend getting the carbs rebuilt if they haven’t been done since they are the heart of these 2 strokes and if you neglect this, it can ruin the engines