• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2003 Seadoo Sportster run hot ejects gooey slime

Harold Potter

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
This is the first season I have had this boat and it did great until yesterday. Took it out to the lake and the temp light came 0n. I shut the motor off , took off the engine cover and then looked at it. I could feel the heat. So I took the cap off the coolant plastic bottle. The motor then spit out a slimy, light brown, gooey, foamy crud. I put some lake water into the coolant jug and tried to go. The temp light stayed on. I tried running slow with the temp light on and the coolant cap off until the motor started skipping. I cut if off again and looked at the engine and more of this brown slime was everywhere. I kept cutting off the engine and adding lake water until it went about half a minute without the temp light coming on again. The final time I added water it got me back to the dock running on 5 K and the temp light never came on and this was about 3 miles. . The oil light never came on either. As soon as I got to the dock the temp light came on again. I got it home and checked cleaned the engine with a water hose with a high pressure nozzle. This morning I checked the oil stick and it had water bubbles all the way up and down it. I don't know what to do and feel it must be serious problems. Anybody that this has happened to?

Harold Potter

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Sounds like u it maybe a head gasket... I hope not..
probably so. I am not a mech. but with my luck the worst is always the case. thanks for the replyl

palmettosunshine

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Other
So what did you find out? Based on your description it sounded like a head gasket.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Head or intake gasket. Definitely oil in the coolant.

Harold Potter

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
So what did you find out? Based on your description it sounded like a head gasket.
I took it to a seadoo shop. They stored it under a shed for a month and did not have time to look at it. I picked it up and a friend who is a car mech is going to study the diagram of the engine and try to work on it maybe. He said the same either the head gasket or oil cooler. He bets it is the oil cooler. I will keep this updated with news when I get some new info. thanks for the email Harold