• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 AR230 dash rebuild instead of new boat

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry, I had to share with someone, I think it turned out awesome!

I was looking to upgrade to a new boat, until i saw the prices on the new boats! So, I decided to keep my old 2005 and do some electronics upgrades to the dash. I was jealous of you guys with newer boats that have that touch screen in the dash, so that had to go in! I pulled out the old dash on both sides and rebuilt them both. I upgraded the whole boat to NMEA 2000 network and control.

On the drivers side I installed a 12 inch Raymarine Axiom plus chart plotter MFD, this also doubles as my gauges, digital switcher control, and stereo control. I replaced all the rocker switches with backlit momentary stainless push buttons, including the no wake mode buttons. The buttons are connected to a Yacht Devices N2K digital switcher and flash when the check engine light flashed. I installed a JL Audio head unit and 3 N2K remotes to go with it (one on the passenger side, one in the bow, and one on the rear deck). Perfect pass on the right, with dual power flags (port and starboard) buttons and a GPRS radio below the keys.

On the passenger side, I added one of the stereo remotes on the left, with dual power flags (port and starboard) buttons, a (4) cell phone holder/charger, and enlarged the glove boxes.

Here is the hardware:
  • Raymarine Axiom plus 12inch MFD
  • Albatross Alba-Combi analog to N2K dual engine monitor
  • 2 Yacht devices N2K digital switching (controls all the old rocker type switches)
  • MM100sBE, MM40's
  • 2 Navico N2K fuel flow sensors
  • 2 5v oil pressure sending units
  • 2 water temp sensors
Still need to get it out on the water and test it this weekend.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you were able to connect your engines with nema2k to your display?

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, with the Albatross Alba-Combi analog to N2K dual engine monitor

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

I was looking to upgrade to a new boat, until i saw the prices on the new boats! So, I decided to keep my old 2005 and do some electronics upgrades to the dash. I was jealous of you guys with newer boats that have that touch screen in the dash, so that had to go in! I pulled out the old dash on both sides and rebuilt them both. I upgraded the whole boat to NMEA 2000 network and control.

On the drivers side I installed a 12 inch Raymarine Axiom plus chart plotter MFD, this also doubles as my gauges, digital switcher control, and stereo control. I replaced all the rocker switches with backlit momentary stainless push buttons, including the no wake mode buttons. The buttons are connected to a Yacht Devices N2K digital switcher and flash when the check engine light flashed. I installed a JL Audio head unit and 3 N2K remotes to go with it (one on the passenger side, one in the bow, and one on the rear deck). Perfect pass on the right, with dual power flags (port and starboard) buttons and a GPRS radio below the keys.

On the passenger side, I added one of the stereo remotes on the left, with dual power flags (port and starboard) buttons, a (4) cell phone holder/charger, and enlarged the glove boxes.

Here is the hardware:
  • Raymarine Axiom plus 12inch MFD
  • Albatross Alba-Combi analog to N2K dual engine monitor
  • 2 Yacht devices N2K digital switching (controls all the old rocker type switches)
  • MM100sBE, MM40's
  • 2 Navico N2K fuel flow sensors
  • 2 5v oil pressure sending units
  • 2 water temp sensors
Still need to get it out on the water and test it this weekend.

Thanks for looking.
@cybuch .....I am an ocd guy with very high standards who has done a lot of custom installs in boats and in building high end homes from the ground up. IMO your work, as evidenced by your pictures, is absolutely top shelf. Congratulations. Obviously you would be crazy to think of selling that boat now. Thank you for sharing! AWESOME!!!!! :cool:

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cybuch .....I am an ocd guy with very high standards who has done a lot of custom installs in boats and in building high end homes from the ground up. IMO your work, as evidenced by your pictures, is absolutely top shelf. Congratulations. Obviously you would be crazy to think of selling that boat now. Thank you for sharing! AWESOME!!!!! :cool:
Thank you very much!!!

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@cybuch, excellent work. Lots of high end gear there.

How long does the Axiom take to boot up?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Which Axiom 12 did you install? Basic, RV or Pro model? Did you install with a transducer? Very nice work. I installed a Axiom 9RV/RV-200 thru-hull transducer on the sailboat. The 12 looks great!

Last edited:

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which Axiom 12 did you install? Basic, RV or Pro model? Did you install with a transducer? Very nice work. I installed a Axiom 9RV/RV-200 transducer on the sailboat. The 12 looks great!
Thanks! I went with the Just released Axion plus with real 3D transducer and navionics+. So far I love this thing!

Last edited:

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@cybuch, excellent work. Lots of high end gear there.

How long does the Axiom take to boot up?
It takes about 30 seconds from a cold boot, I wired it so it can be controlled by its own power slide button, instead of by the ignition key.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Outstanding! What do you do for a living as I am looking for hope that I could do something like that.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where/how did you mount the transducer? The 3-d real vision, RV-200 thru hull xducer I used is a big piece of bronze.

20180812_063319.jpg

20180920_135246.jpg

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Outstanding! What do you do for a living as I am looking for hope that I could do something like that.
Currently, I am a developer/ analyst for Centurylink. I was a customer car audio installer back in the 90s, that’s where I learned all my customer interior work. I built the dash out of steel, fiberglass, plywood, and of course bondo. I even used an old tshirt.

Attachments

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't you dare apologize! We live for this sh!t.

This is an awesome and inspiring job. Very impressive. The attention to detail is evident and the finished product looks outstanding. Nicely done, sir!

I'm more impressed that @zipper still had a $50 bill to his name to which to compare that puppy after buying such a massive piece of bronze...

Not more impressed than @cybuch 's work. More impressed than @zipper 's piece of bronze. <clarifying>

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please tell me what I need to do to get my motors synced I have a garmin with fuel flow meters.. how do I connect them to motor (the Albatross Alba-Combi analog to nmea)

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't you dare apologize! We live for this sh!t.

This is an awesome and inspiring job. Very impressive. The attention to detail is evident and the finished product looks outstanding. Nicely done, sir!

I'm more impressed that @zipper still had a $50 bill to his name to which to compare that puppy after buying such a massive piece of bronze...

Not more impressed than @cybuch 's work. More impressed than @zipper 's piece of bronze. <clarifying>
Thank you!! Right! That must has cost a future!