• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 AR230 dash rebuild instead of new boat

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy mother of God ... this is freaking amazing!!

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So after living with it for a while....if you did it again today...what if anything would you do differently on that modification? Just curious....

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm, the only thing I wish I did was to engrave the vinyl to label what each button does. Other than that, I still love it and my wife know to to use it really well.

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Currently, I am a developer/ analyst for Centurylink. I was a customer car audio installer back in the 90s, that’s where I learned all my customer interior work. I built the dash out of steel, fiberglass, plywood, and of course bondo. I even used an old tshirt.
Any status update (pictures) on the dash rebuilt...? Love the initiative by the way...!

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW....great job would love to do something like that but time travel not possible...... to go back when my brain actually worked!!!!!!!

emmanuell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry, I had to share with someone, I think it turned out awesome!

I was looking to upgrade to a new boat, until i saw the prices on the new boats! So, I decided to keep my old 2005 and do some electronics upgrades to the dash. I was jealous of you guys with newer boats that have that touch screen in the dash, so that had to go in! I pulled out the old dash on both sides and rebuilt them both. I upgraded the whole boat to NMEA 2000 network and control.

On the drivers side I installed a 12 inch Raymarine Axiom plus chart plotter MFD, this also doubles as my gauges, digital switcher control, and stereo control. I replaced all the rocker switches with backlit momentary stainless push buttons, including the no wake mode buttons. The buttons are connected to a Yacht Devices N2K digital switcher and flash when the check engine light flashed. I installed a JL Audio head unit and 3 N2K remotes to go with it (one on the passenger side, one in the bow, and one on the rear deck). Perfect pass on the right, with dual power flags (port and starboard) buttons and a GPRS radio below the keys.

On the passenger side, I added one of the stereo remotes on the left, with dual power flags (port and starboard) buttons, a (4) cell phone holder/charger, and enlarged the glove boxes.

Here is the hardware:
  • Raymarine Axiom plus 12inch MFD
  • Albatross Alba-Combi analog to N2K dual engine monitor
  • 2 Yacht devices N2K digital switching (controls all the old rocker type switches)
  • MM100sBE, MM40's
  • 2 Navico N2K fuel flow sensors
  • 2 5v oil pressure sending units
  • 2 water temp sensors
Still need to get it out on the water and test it this weekend.

Thanks for looking.
Hi!!!
Nice and fantastic Job .
immaculate!!!!
do you have a video or more picture?

i will love to do that job
in my boat

nice!!!!

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do have some more pictures:
I started by building a metal frame and then used wood and fiberglass to shape it

Attachments

emmanuell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks very much!
do you any video how the new instrument works.
I think I'm going to do something similar, because I have to change the instruments in my 2006 AR230 and I can't find them online, and the It cost $ 450 each, and seeing what you did, it's more modern and beautiful.
Thanks

mikeb4130

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can this be done to a 2015 AR240
I want to delete then Connex system

shaung

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What inline water temp sensor did you use?

shaung

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cybuch I know you're busy; I've started the conversion, but I went CHEAP ( dont do that guys) and bought a $100 MarineNow converter thats junk. So I'm gonna get one of these Albacombi units, but it'll need a bit of programming yes?

(EDITED for the cost of MarineNow converter)

Attachments

Last edited:

shaung

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes and no. I did cut the wires from the old techs and throw them out. I didn’t install an oil pressure sender tee’d in with the original low oil pressure switch. I also installed inline water temp sensors before the thermostat. For the check engine, over temp, and low oil pressure warning lights, I wired those into the converter and mapped them to the appropriate NMEA code.
CYBUCH I've got mine installed but am having trouble mapping these to work in the Albicombi. Can you help with config instructions buddy?