• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2005 AR230 Error Code

DarkstarAR230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve got a 2005AR 230 with the port engine light flashing 6 times then 8 times. I think this means Error Code 68 for a malfunctioning No Wake Switch/Sensor. Am I reading this right? Can someone confirm or shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

DarkstarAR230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I searched the forum first and found that. I need to be more specific am I reading the code right? 6 flashes, then 8 Flashes. Is that 68 or two separate error codes?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, I think you are…six flashes, a pause and then eight flashes is 68. There are no 06 or 08 codes.

DarkstarAR230

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. It was just at the dealer again, a new one since I relocated it from NY to FL and repurposed it as a beach buggy runabout. They did a full system check and it didn’t show for them or they didn’t know what it means. The were reluctant to service it all because of the age, until they saw that it really did have less than 100 hrs on it since I purchased it new in 2005. Now the troubleshooting begins.