• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 Sugar Sand 250 Jet surging

Nathan Forbes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am happy to be a new sport jet owner. A recent accident with my 11 year old son and a prop led me to go back to jets. The boat only has 50 hrs on it and runs perfect. Question is at slow cruising (1200-1500 rpm) it surges noticeably. Enough I can see my passengers heads bobbing back and forth. Engine sounds smooth. Wondering if its the drive? Also when going fast motor revs up turning left and pulls down turning right? Normal?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My guess it could be your spark plugs or ignition wiring or possibly carb issues , change in r p m in turns is normal

Nathan Forbes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Its DFI - no carbs. Engine tone is perfectly smooth while surging. I was wondering if the jet is sucking a little air or something within the drive causing surging. It looks perfect looking up through grate.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don't believe it is the pump, fuel issues at slow speed or ignition issues