• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2006 sx210 color

mrtoastyjr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been having a problem trying to find a spectrum patch kit to match my boat. According to spectrum the blue that was used in 2006 was Atlantic blue, which they only offer in gallon sizes and no patch kit, but when I look at the color on my phone compared to my boat it’s much to purple. If I look at the other colors available my boat looks more like the bright blue that spectrum lists as a 2007-2009 color. Is it possible my boat got coated with a 2007 color, or where do I find the actual color code for the boat. I’ve looked all over, through all my paper work and cannot find anything. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

Here’s a pic of the boat for reference. 00AACF95-7E69-4CE4-B1A2-29FA0228BD1A.jpegF57B63DC-92A8-4413-9332-116D0AB79DA4.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
maybe edit your title to also read "color match problem", it could be others see the title and just think you want to post a picture of your boat where if you say "problem" people may be inclined to look at it,

I'm not sure where the color codes are since we don't have a door stamp like an automobile, In everything I remember seeing it's only referred as "Orange/Blue/Red"

serg of energy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same boat and the same question about the color. Spectrum told me to call Yamaha and give them my hull id number to get the official color.

serg of energy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just called Yamaha customer service and they do not know the exact color of blue because they have purged the older models from their system.

iaflynn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did any of you guys ever figure out the color name? I have the same boat and am having the same problem finding the name or color code.

mrtoastyjr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ended up getting a bright blue patch kit and it’s way off. So I call spectrum directly since they supplied the gel for Yamaha and they told me it should be Atlantic blue. Unfortunately the price of a gallon of Atlantic blue is now up to $340 so I’m don’t think I’ll be fixing this scratch anytime soon.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If we find a few more of us, we could split the cost and pass it around. How bad are the areas you want to repair? I have some annoying scratches from the prior owner; but not sure I want to test my gelcoat skills and wonder if 14 years of fade will still prevail after a firm buffing.

mrtoastyjr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is a thin scratch about 6 feet long. I’m not too worried about a perfect match right off the bat since I’m planning on wet sanding and buffing the whole boat anyway.

iaflynn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I got the same info from them as well. However the pictures online of Atlantic Blue don’t seem to match. They mentioned two other colors as well that were blue purple combinations. Other 2005 Yamaha products used a color called Yamaha Blue which appears to match my boat. The color code for it has both blue and purple. Unfortunately I assumed our color didn’t have purple... I’ll follow up with them tomorrow and get all 3 names. And we can go from there. I’d be interested in splitting it with the caveat that I’d like to wait until this season is over to do the repair, likely Sept/Oct timeframe. I’ll only need about a quart or so. There is also hope the other 2 colors are sold in smaller quantities.

mrtoastyjr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I got the same info from them as well. However the pictures online of Atlantic Blue don’t seem to match. They mentioned two other colors as well that were blue purple combinations. Other 2005 Yamaha products used a color called Yamaha Blue which appears to match my boat. The color code for it has both blue and purple. Unfortunately I assumed our color didn’t have purple... I’ll follow up with them tomorrow and get all 3 names. And we can go from there. I’d be interested in splitting it with the caveat that I’d like to wait until this season is over to do the repair, likely Sept/Oct timeframe. I’ll only need about a quart or so. There is also hope the other 2 colors are sold in smaller quantities.
It appears that you have a 230? I have a 210 and the colors may be different in that case. Either way, holding my phone up to the boat the closest color was bright blue. Like I said, when I got the patch kit for bright blue it was way off so I wouldn’t trust color matching with a phone. I do not think it’s a true representation of the actual color.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You will find the true color of your gelcoat under the graphics. Maybe just under the rub rail. Everything else on that blue topside is oxidized, needs to be buffed out and you would be amazed at how different it appears. I looked around and only found gallon size Atlantic Blue for $350. rediculous.

20170415_144822.jpg

20170526_132723.jpg

Last edited: