• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • JetBoaters.Net 2nd Annual SeaDoo Switch Group Buy Sponsored By JetBoatPilot Is Live Now. Save 25% Off Select SeaDoo Switch Gear through October 31st.

Click Here to go to the Jetboatpilot Seadoo Group buy

You can delete this notice with the "X" in the upper right>>>

2006 SX230 HO Junkyard Recovery Build

Tomas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This will be my build thread for a glorious 2006 SX230 HO I just recently acquired for exactly one hundred and twentythree dollars and fifty cents.
It had been sitting for an unknown amount of years in some community parking lot. Towed it home this last Saturday October 19, 2024.
If I keep this boat, all upholstery will need to be replaced. All foam inserts, without exception, are decomposed.
First line of business is getting the engines to start. That means replace or clean sparkplugs, make sure injector controllers are working correctly by running the engines without sparkplugs and watching for fuel spitting, and replacing the fuel in the tank.
We'll see if, or how long it takes me to bring this vessel into operation
Screenshot 2024-10-21 063450.png

You definitely bought for the rite price so you can put a bit of money into it. I went through the same same thing with the same year and model boat over a four year period, ended up replacing or rebuilding everything on it. Good luck with the refurbish.

There’s a guy on the forum who does replacement “skins” for the upholstery, he can probably supply the cushions also.

I’d recommend opening up the ECU’s to see if there is moisture in there. It’s one of the known issues for our year model. It’ll often hold an injector open, dumping fuel into the cylinder unrestricted.

Good luck with her, hope you are successful in the revival of the old girl!

You definitely bought for the rite price so you can put a bit of money into it. I went through the same same thing with the same year and model boat over a four year period, ended up replacing or rebuilding everything on it. Good luck with the refurbish.

Thank you. Did you have to replace the cushions/ foam inserts as well and if so, where did you source them?
There’s a guy on the forum who does replacement “skins” for the upholstery, he can probably supply the cushions also.

I’d recommend opening up the ECU’s to see if there is moisture in there. It’s one of the known issues for our year model. It’ll often hold an injector open, dumping fuel into the cylinder unrestricted.

Good luck with her, hope you are successful in the revival of the old girl!

Also thank you. I have seen a few threads about a dude in NJ offering the upholstery replacements but haven't seen one about the cushions/foam. I'll see what I can find unless you happen to remember who offers them.

Thank you. Did you have to replace the cushions/ foam inserts as well and if so, where did you source them?

Also thank you. I have seen a few threads about a dude in NJ offering the upholstery replacements but haven't seen one about the cushions/foam. I'll see what I can find unless you happen to remember who offers them.
I bought cushion skins from @TheUpholsteryGuy (Hugo), I didn’t need a lot of foam but what I needed I picked up at a local upholstery shop and cut it to the form I needed. Found that a electric carving knife works very well for cutting the foam.

I have a thread named SX230 Resurrection if you want to see/read about what I went through with our boat.

I have a thread named SX230 Resurrection if you want to see/read about what I went through with our boat.
Fouind it.

You mentioned however that you got the skins from

Out with the old and in with the new. Started installing the new seat skins I got from @easyliving609. Have a few wrinkles but they should shrink out, looks better then the old ripped up ones.

instead of Theupholsteryguy. Are they the same or which one would you recommend?

Fouind it.

You mentioned however that you got the skins from

Out with the old and in with the new. Started installing the new seat skins I got from @easyliving609. Have a few wrinkles but they should shrink out, looks better then the old ripped up ones.

instead of Theupholsteryguy. Are they the same or which one would you recommend?
They are the same place, I bought them when Axar started selling them on Etsy. Since then he joined this forum and turned the sales over to Hugo.

Back