• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 ar230 ho fogging?!

Jbuck9233

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone ! I have a 2007 Ar230 HO. This is my first jet boat and approaching my fist winter with this type of boat. I’m trying to figure out exactly where to spray this fogging spray? I’ve read it may not be necessary but I have two cans already so figured why not . I’ve taken the air filter off and looked around and clearly I’m not too bright becayse I still can’t see an obvious intake ? Thank you !

This is what I’m looking at . I know where the spark plugs are and have read can also just remove those and spray directly into spark plug holes ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 6
I run the engine and spray into the cylinder intakes, it’ll run a little rough as it’s sucking in the fogging oil.

IMG_3782.jpeg

After I’ve done that in all four a few times I shut it down and spray directly into the cylinders after removing the spark plugs. Put the plugs back in and I then remove my safety lanyard by the throttles and turn the engine over a few times to get the cylinder walls coated with the fogging oil. The lanyard out doesn’t allow any spark so that’s why you pull it.

Thank you so much for the quick reply . So I ended up spraying in all the intake ports and it smoked pretty good and sprayed a little more and shut it off . I didn’t remove the spark plugs and spray any there . How necessary is that ?as for the “winterization” I just started it revved few good times opened all drain plugs removed batteries abs called it a day I live in Tennessee so winters aren’t too crazy. Hopefully I did enough. Thanks again!

I mean there’s a good chance the fogging oil made it into the cylinders through the intake and didn’t burn all the way off. You’re probably good! I live in Iowa so winters are much worse!

16 years (fresh water) of Buffalo winters and never fogged my engines but now I am beginning to wonder.

Last time I changed my spark plugs, the notorious plug #3 on the port side only looked a bit rusty. Suspect that by chance the #3 piston intake valve was open leaving the cylinder open to moist air.

You won’t go wrong fogging.

For me fogging is just one less thing I have to do at the end of the season.

I like the idea and value of just reving the engines, stabil the tank , emptying the boat and covering her up for a long winter nap

Don’t forget to put a little anti seize on the plugs especially #3

Back