• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2007 Yamaha sx230 deal or no deal

Vaboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m going to look at an 07 sx230 with 150 hours, has trailer cover sea deck newer upholstery Bimini top and all that good stuff. Guy is set at 20k cash for the boat what do you guys think first time boat purchase. Have buddy who owns one going with me and will bring the checklist from this forum when I go look at it.Are they still getting these prices for this year?

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If everything checks out seems like a good deal.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's a decent deal, specially for its condition, and the time of the year. You won't save much by waiting. If the upholstery is original that boat was REALLY taken care of, and kept off the sun. Engine Pressure test and test drive, and you are set!

Best of Luck.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's a decent deal, specially for its condition, and the time of the year. You won't save much by waiting. If the upholstery is original that boat was REALLY taken care of, and kept off the sun. Engine Pressure test and test drive, and you are set!

Best of Luck.
I agree, I think it's a great deal. Looks to be in great shape, relatively low hours, good seats... Hard to fi d a flaw honestly.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I paid 20k Jan. Last year for my 2007 sx230. It has a tower and reupholstered seats. 220hrs and galvanized trailer. I think I got a decent deal.

So I would say if the boat has all the things you want and checks out but and have a super fun summer!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It seems like a decent deal for time of year, conditions and options. So I agree with others above. NADA is a bit lower, like $16.5-18.5k, so walking in with cash or in person dickering may get the seller to move closer to that high NADA value. 210's of that vintage are well below $15k if not 14K. So you get an idea of what you are paying for in the 23' unit.

I don't think you will be disappointed with that deal. Anything below $20K. Good luck with the test run!

Vaboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for all the replies and advise I feel better about the price point. Only thing I need to prepare for is the compression test but going with a full on check list and hopefully cash will get me a better deal. I will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is in the parking lot of the ball park, but not quite in the ball park. IMO about a grand or two too much and I base this on how I would price my pristine 2008 SX230, with 170 hours. Plus, mine was purchased NEW in 2011, so is really not a 12 year old boat but a 9 year old boat. In addition, I have every maintenance record and trip with non eth gas receipts documented on the Captain's log. I would price mine at the no haggle firm price 20K and would get that price, I believe because it is a "I want to sell and you want to buy and this boat has no issues" price. Just remember, however (and I know this) that it is difficult to sell a used boat, no matter how well it has been cared for. Here is another one for comparison to see how people price their boats. Looks like a real beauty. Remember, do not be afraid to travel to pick one up, and if you get one off this forum, you can check to see if they are a contributing member to the board.If so, I guarantee they were anal about caring for their boat. I bought 2 Yamahas off the "old" forum, sight unseen and without a water test, and shipped them to MD. All based on the forum's background on the sellers. I have never looked back. Contributing members of this board take care of their boats.

Vaboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the advise OCMD. Just trying to work out compression tests hopefully get it to the 18k mark.

Vaboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah the way everything selling wouldn’t think there was a pandemic

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boating is one of the safe things you can do compatible with remaining away from the masses. Boats are selling faster than normal, not slower, due to the pandemic.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the advise OCMD. Just trying to work out compression tests hopefully get it to the 18k mark.
I think 18k is a bit unrealistic to be honest. I think that boat is fair at a 20k firm price. Obviously anything under that is great, but I wouldn't expect it.

Vaboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well that fell thru boat wasn’t what the pics portrayed. I’ve just seen a 2010 sx240 for 30k with 250 hours basically in mint condition. What do you guys think?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Value wise is $10K more for slightly bigger and newer boat. I'm partial to the 230 myself, but that's a choice you have to make in your heart, based on your perceived additional value of the 240 vs the extra cost. The styling is quite different, with the wider bow and more room. Go check it out to compare it to your experience with the 230 and decide for yourself.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
An SX240 of that vintage should be considerably less when 242ls of that vintage are well under $30K. Keep in mind, any of the 2010 1.8ltr engines should have their oil cooler bolts checked or documented as replaced.

Good luck

Vaboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And now I’m going to look at an 07 SX230HO with 212 hours for $19,500. Hopefully it looks as good as the pics gonna be 3 hour ride to try and get it. Has the thrust fins and a pass system? Guessing it’s for wakeboarding but man let me tell you these boats are getting snapped up left and right. Everyone I’ve tried to buy was gone in 1-5 days

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That was my experience too. People on here say these boats people look at are overpriced, but these boats sell fast at the high prices. The other experience I had was cheap boats were cheap for a reason. The really clean boats are in the mid 20s, so if a boat is listed under 20, there's a reason.