• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 ar230 25hrs, couple speed/rpm questions

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is great news! Congratulations

bobbyc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I also am up to 36 hours on the engines.
When I first read the hours with YDS at 25hrs, I only looked at the hours.
This time, I looked at previous alarms, and at 19 hrs each engine had overheat alarms, and the starboard engine in question had the TPS sensor alarm... so I think you are right that the sensor might be going out, or that harness has contact issues.
I will borrow some contact cleaner and dielectric grease from work this week and give the harness a closer look.
I only ran the engines for maybe 1hr total yesterday. We mainly swam and only did a little bit of towing and cruising. But this morning my oil is still at the Full line, so that is good. I've been worried that it is getting fuel into the oil since it seems like its been producing oil; but maybe it just fluctuates in/out of a reservoir. The oil seems thin, but doesn't smell like fuel.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. I also am up to 36 hours on the engines.
When I first read the hours with YDS at 25hrs, I only looked at the hours.
This time, I looked at previous alarms, and at 19 hrs each engine had overheat alarms, and the starboard engine in question had the TPS sensor alarm... so I think you are right that the sensor might be going out, or that harness has contact issues.
I will borrow some contact cleaner and dielectric grease from work this week and give the harness a closer look.
I only ran the engines for maybe 1hr total yesterday. We mainly swam and only did a little bit of towing and cruising. But this morning my oil is still at the Full line, so that is good. I've been worried that it is getting fuel into the oil since it seems like its been producing oil; but maybe it just fluctuates in/out of a reservoir. The oil seems thin, but doesn't smell like fuel.
Change it! Its not that expensive.. Pretty easy to do.. Change it then u will know. I have mentioned earlier I pulled 9 quarts out of my engine that holds 4.5 quarts and it doesn't smell like gas at all..

bobbyc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Change it! Its not that expensive.. Pretty easy to do.. Change it then u will know. I have mentioned earlier I pulled 9 quarts out of my engine that holds 4.5 quarts and it doesn't smell like gas at all..
Thanks, that is my plan this week. Oil and filter change on each engine, and ohm test the fuel injectors, just to make sure they are within spec. And address that harness connection to make sure it is solid.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let me know how u tested the injectors.. Hell it looks like u would have to take off half the top of the motor to u plug it

Last edited: