• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Ar230 bilge pump location

Chumash

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello,

After not using my boat for a couple of years, I am getting it dialed in to get back on the water. I cannot locate the bilge pump. Looking on the schematic, I thought it was in the engine compartment. Didn't see it there, and doesn't make sense to be there. Is it located under the tray for the cleanout plugs? I had it off several years ago to replace the scupper, and cannot remember if it's in there or not. Before I remove the tray again, I wanted to check and find the exact location. I want to make sure it is still good and possibly add an additional pump. Any info or guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ted

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It should be between the engines near the back of the engine compartment

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The floor of the engine compartment is divided into 3 sections with drain plugs in the forward 2 and the bilge pump in the aft section, it is mounted in a hole thru the engine bay floor, open to the bilge below.
Screen shot 2017-08-24 at 7.11.24 AM.png

Chumash

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. Saved me some time by needlessly taking off the cleanout plug tray.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Ted Hemphill. You've come to the right place to get answers about your boat. I'm sure you have a lot of valuable info to share too. So glad to have you here.

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The floor of the engine compartment is divided into 3 sections with drain plugs in the forward 2 and the bilge pump in the aft section, it is mounted in a hole thru the engine bay floor, open to the bilge below.
View attachment 63020
View attachment 63020
Zipper - I am reviewing your reply. Can you Attach your diagram in a reply to me? I am having the same location with my 2008 AR230 but I can not read it from my computer. Thank you if you can help me.