• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Sugar Sand Mirage

MRicci

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I bought this boat in the fall, and have used it a few times, however, it also came with no manual. I am more interested in getting information on how everything works, ie all the buttons on the dashboard etc.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I bought this boat in the fall, and have used it a few times, however, it also came with no manual. I am more interested in getting information on how everything works, ie all the buttons on the dashboard etc.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
phone pics 003 (2).jpgThis is a pic of my 03 dash, if the buttons you are referring to are the row above the rocker switches they are circuit breakers in place of fuses for the switch or button just below it. There are regular fuses on the engine itself for several motor functions.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got any more pics? That might help being able to point them out.

MRicci

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Scottintexas, thank you, those were the buttons I was referring to! Wasn't sure what they were for, so great to now know :)

Rillsley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Hi how are you getting on with the boat? I just bought the same one in yellow, a 2008 reg.

Wudek

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
View attachment 96542This is a pic of my 03 dash, if the buttons you are referring to are the row above the rocker switches they are circuit breakers in place of fuses for the switch or button just below it. There are regular fuses on the engine itself for several motor functions.
Hello Bilmon, Could you please let me know more info about Mercury Smartcraft display that you have on your boat?
I have Lowrance there with basic info (depth, temp.) and was wondering if it can be replaced with some "more sophisticated" tool with more info on it.
As this yoear I plan to do a bit of revamping, it would be a right moment to modify.
Here is my pic of the dashboard. I have Merc 210 Jetdrive engine.
Thanks,
Wudek

Attachments

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Hello Bilmon, Could you please let me know more info about Mercury Smartcraft display that you have on your boat?
I have Lowrance there with basic info (depth, temp.) and was wondering if it can be replaced with some "more sophisticated" tool with more info on it.
As this yoear I plan to do a bit of revamping, it would be a right moment to modify.
Here is my pic of the dashboard. I have Merc 210 Jetdrive engine.
Thanks,
Wudek
Hi Wudek, unfortunately the Smartcrarft won't work with your 210, only compatible with the Optimax engines and the later version 240 [late 01 and up]. I have the 240.

Wudek

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Pity, looks that there is no way to retrieve any data like consumption, mileage, etc from my Merc 210 Jetdrive ...
Thanks,
Wudek

jdmackes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi Wudek, unfortunately the Smartcrarft won't work with your 210, only compatible with the Optimax engines and the later version 240 [late 01 and up]. I have the 240.
Would any smartcraft gauge work on a 2004 Optimax 250 M2? I've been looking at the MercMonitor and the vesselview but it's difficult to find out if my engine is compatible. I know they say all smartcraft engines will work with it, but mine appears to be right at the beginning of the smartcraft tech.