• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 sx230HO Cooling

t1bray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
New Purchase . Low hours but has sat for a while .
First run noticed not peeing on port side water outlet . Warning light . After a few revs ,warning light went out .

Question ? Can someone point me to a pic of what each of the water outlet holes are on the side of the craft?
i Have searched but could not find 08 sx230ho pic . Thank you in advance !!!

Want to enjoy her but worried colling system may be clogged .

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
from our FAQ tab above, this video is from one of our members,

also, you may want to look at the link in my sig. below for known issues with your boat

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not peeing doesn't necessarily mean not cooling. The pee holes are merely indicators. You might try pushing a foot to 18 inches of string trimmer line into the hole. It may be as simple as a mud dobber nest.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and to be sure what hose goes where you should stick your head under the seat and look up and track each line back to the engine, I certainly wouldn't put it past a Yamaha assembly person to hook the hoses up in reverse order,

t1bray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thank you all for the replies !

Feeling needy .What Hole is what ? I looked at several threads but did not find whitch hole was for what motor .

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Your exhaust cooling will be toward the front and engine cooling toward the rear. This is a 212X. Not sure if yours are identicle. Just open the engine bay and follow the hoses.

IMG_0826rev1.jpg

t1bray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
that's awesome ! Thank you for the pic .
Now if anyone can tell me if 230's are the same as above 212?

This is a great site.

t1bray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Stupid question . should both Port's -Engine and Exhaust and both Star board be peeing at the same time when running ?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stupid question . should both Port's -Engine and Exhaust and both Star board be peeing at the same time when running ?
No. they all should pee above 5000 RPM.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, I have always had one pee hole... port motor now that I know not pee water at the far back. I took my air compressor and blew it from side pee hole and it appeared to shoot a load of water out the back.

I've never had over head light come on but weed wacker string wasnt stuff enough to unclog.

Do you think I could have damaged the thermostat at all by forcing air back through the pee hole? I can now blow air from mouth through and feel it at back from exit hole above port motor.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't think so. Thermostat is a big closed valve with a pretty heavy spring that changes shape when it gets really hot. I doubt some compressed air is going to break it.

t1bray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I don’t think you damaged anything .
My understanding is both motors running
You should have both / exhaust and engine cooling peeing for a total of 4 ports when above 4-5 rpm.

Air compressor is my next try .
I’m taking off exhaust and engine cooling lines and blowing them out .

After looking at diagrams it looks like
Water jacked may be clogged if air won’t work

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've always gotten water out of 3 of the 4.. never had engine overheat warnings.

I did run 90miles with fishing line wrapped around port shaft. Didnt find out it was there until removing cleanout port for drive home.

Didnt cavitate or effect my max rpm thankfully.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is from my 07 Service Manual. It may help. I had to use trimmer string to unplug mine after purchase. Mud dobber wasps had plugged it up causing an overheat alarm. I dont have any water exiting at idle. I do check for the streams once underway.

Screenshot_20190529-193428_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20190529-193442_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@t1bray The 230 HO and the 212X have the same engine.

t1bray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I would like to thank all that replied . I had a chance to work on boat this weekend .
As it turns out the exhaust lines were plugged up with dirt and some insect remains . I
Blew out with compressed air . from engine outward . Both engine lines off of stat also plugged .
Hard to get to from engine bay so used compressed air at line output and blew back out towards the input by the jets .
Alot of crud !! I Will take out to water this weekend . and give feedback . Thanks to all....

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Glad you found the potential problem. Please keep us posted.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would like to thank all that replied . I had a chance to work on boat this weekend .
As it turns out the exhaust lines were plugged up with dirt and some insect remains . I
Blew out with compressed air . from engine outward . Both engine lines off of stat also plugged .
Hard to get to from engine bay so used compressed air at line output and blew back out towards the input by the jets .
Alot of crud !! I Will take out to water this weekend . and give feedback . Thanks to all....
You can put golf tees in the pee holes (ouch) to prevent that problem in the future. Glue a little red gimp to them to remind you to remove them before boating.