• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Yamaha 212SS Fuse box location. Problem Solved!

Lal4indy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi all,

First day out nd one engine fires right up - other one noting no crank no nothing. Not the batteries as they both work off same switch. Me thinking it's possibly a fuse. According to owners manual, there is a 10 A fuse in the ignition coil holder. Very sketchy diagram in manual. Anyone have any experience replacing fuse. Where is the ignition coil holder

Thanks

Ended up being a bad switch on clean out hatch. Best place to purchase????

Last edited:
I would check the clean out hatch switches.

Has it ever started for you?
My bet is a cable isn't hooked up to the battery (each engine has it's own cable) or your throttle isn't in nuetral or cleanout hatch switch isn't pressed down enough,
There is a fuse on the ecu under the circle cap

H Tx for response. It's always started! I did check the the throttle numerous times because I thought that's the problem. It was in neutral for sure. As for cable being not attached, would seem strange to become unattached. No one was working on it. Aslo, hatch was closed as other engine fired right up. Are there two separate switches on hatch? Wher eis the ECU and cap?

thx

the circle cap is on the black box on the back wall above the engine,

is the entire key switch assembly rotating when you turn the key ?? that's a common problem, the locknut behind the key ignition will crack and loosen

it's possible for the kill switch on the cleanout hatch to be a possible problem and that would be easy to bypass for testing purposes,

Thx. I will check both ignition and kill switch. Seems strange that one engine would fire and other wouldn't if kill switch

I believe the safety lanyard lets the engine crank but not start, it has two connections underneath the switch, one for each engine

the throttle and cleanout hatch switches will not let it crank,

the cleanout hatch has two switches under the hatch, one for each engine, some people tape a Nickle or washer to hold it down further,

Back