• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat 2008 Yamaha 232 Limited For Sale but TRADES WELCOME! NEW JERSEY

RichardS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
BEFORE you start reading this listing be advised… It’s a LONG listing!

BUT...for those of you, (like me!), who want "the bottom line" before spending time reading any details, here it is:

PRICE: $21,500 (REDUCED FROM $24,500)
TRADES WELCOME! EVEN ENCOURAGED!
LOCATION: New Jersey, at the 1/2 way point between Atlantic City and Philadelphia, on the fresh water of the Mullica River

Now on to the long listing.....

But there’s a reason for that…..I always disclose everything I can and want all the interested buyers to have their questions answered HERE if possible. It’s just better for everybody involved and ultimately saves everyone a lot of time. Reading a long listing is only a waste of time for those who aren’t serious buyers to begin with. If you’re a serious buyer you’ll want to know everything I’m gonna share with you here! If you’re not serious, stop here and move on to a shorter listing!

I bought this boat recently for my son, and it turns out not every surprise is a “good idea”. While he loves going out on my Yamaha jet boat, and I thought buying him one of his own was a great idea, he is intimidated by the two engines and the jet drive, as he is a fairly new boater and is much more comfortable with the small 17 foot bow rider with the 50HP outboard I bought for him to learn on. He’s just not ready for something this big and powerful.

A couple disclosures.....The stereo seems to not be getting power. I tried to get the radio working and could not, but there are brand new marine stereo radios available for under $100 and they’re pretty easy to install, so worst case scenario isn’t bad at all. And I may just be missing something easy anyway. The interior is in beautiful shape for a 2008 but is not “perfect”. On a couple panels there are a couple holes, but any upholstery shop can repair the damaged panels if you want the interior “perfect” for not a whole lot of money, and then the interior would look practically new. It does NOT need a new interior! A couple small repairs (not really a "couple"...more like 4 but again, SMALL repairs and NOT enough to warrant a new interior, it's way too nice for that!) would make it like new again if you want it like new, or enjoy it as it is, It’s been so well maintained you’d never believe it wasn’t only 3 or 4 years old from the looks of it! (BTW, if you're local to me, I can recommend a GREAT shop that does "better than new" interior work. I had a complete new interior done on my 2012 SX240 and it looks AMAZING! Fixing a couple flaw on this boat will be child's play for them if you decide to do that!) The previous owner mentioned that the person he bought it from told him it was always a fresh water boat. He used it in salt water but wasn’t able to go out that much during his ownership because of other obligations. There is no hour meter but it is estimated to have something over 200 hours. (Based on what he was told and subsequently told me. I can't guarantee that though obviously.)

The boat comes with a trailer, and it it is a lot newer than the boat itself! It’s a 2013 with a ton of upgrades over the original trailer! It’s a galvanized trailer rather than a painted steel trailer, so it will last far longer than a painted model!

In fact the trailer is so nice it’s worth devoting some time detailing it’s features here, then we can go back to talking about the boat: The trailer is a Load Rite Elite series aluminum trailer model LR-AB23T5200102LTB2.
• 2013 Load Rite Custom Aluminum Trailer
• Tandem Axle
• Aluminum Wheels
• 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
• Surge Brakes
• LED Lights
• Guide Posts for easier trailer loading
• 100,000 mile Sealed Vortex Hubs
It’s a great trailer and custom-fitted to the boat, and was bought specifically for it after the original trailer needed to be replaced by the extremely meticulous original owner who took great care of this boat.

Now back to the boat….
Again it’s a 2008 232 Limited, which was the absolute top of the line in 2008, and as such still remains a boat that turns heads on the water! It’s really a beauty!! If I didn’t already own my 2012 SX240, and if I didn’t just this season install a completely brand new interior and some other new upgrades, I would keep the 232 Limited for myself! It’s THAT nice! By the way, YES, the filler cushions are present and accounted for and in great shape, as are the table mounts and table so you can enjoy lunch and/or cocktails in the boat or on the boat’s awesome back deck. Also notice the recent-looking color-coordinated Sea-Dek installed that really upgrades the interior, and goes really nicely with the boat’s factory berber “snap-in” carpeting, which looks awesome in the boat or can be removed when not in use or if you prefer to go boating without it.

The boat has the MR1 High Output Yamaha engines, well-known for holding up for thousands of hours if maintained properly….experienced guys here already know but if you're a "newbie", ask around and you will hear the word “bullet-proof” used to describe them over and over. It has a total of 320 horsepower, which is more than enough to have you and your friends flying across the water! The boat seats 10 people comfortably, with a small head that includes a port-potty for the ladies who can’t just lean over the side of the boat and need a little more privacy!

It has a fantastic Garmin color chartplotter as well as a separate depth sounder, It’s a great advantage to have these optional features on the water. You’ll avoid the risk of grounding your boat and always know exactly where you are, and can easily find your way home no matter how far you decide to travel! Another awesome safety feature is the Standard Horizon “ship-to-shore” VHF transceiver radio installed at the helm. No relying on some cheap hand-held radio if you need to contact another boat, or request a bridge opening, or contact the Coast Guard or Marine Police. A powerful hard-wired VHF radio is ready at the helm with a far-reaching hull-mounted antenna to assist you if you ever need it. An anchor with plenty of chain is stored in the bow anchor locker for those times when you may want to stop and just relax off-shore or enjoy lunch on the boat, or perhaps do some fishing or crabbing.

There’s a TON of storage space for ALL that type of gear under the seats and down in the ski locker! PLENTY of room for a cooler (or two!) and fenders and dock lines and fishing gear and additional life jackets and towable floats and tow lines too! It has recently had new steering cables installed and now steers effortlessly, like a brand new boat. The shifter cables are not as new but perform equally well so you’re good to go there too! The boat has recently had two brand new marine batteries installed by the dealer and the boat starts instantly every time. It’s just smart boating to always have two batteries on a boat. That way there’s always a backup battery to get you home if you foolishly run your battery down by listening to the stereo while anchored off-shore for a few hours. (Ask me how I know!)

As you’ll note from the pics, the bottom is not painted and never has been. That’s because of the boat’s fresh water history (until recently as per the previous owner) and even then, it was only in the salt water for the length of a handful of brief rides, then pulled out, flushed, and put back on the rack at the marina where it was maintained. In case you’re wondering, YES, the Bimini top is present and in great shape, and is covered as it should be with the factory Yamaha cover as seen in the pics. Speaking of covers, YES, there is a Yamaha factory cover included with the boat to keep it protected when not in use. And finally, YES, I will include life jackets and boat lines so you’re ready to enjoy a day on the water without going out and buying anything! As nice as the boat looks, it has NOT been cleaned and polished and detailed at the end of the season as I do with all my boats before putting them away until Spring. It will absolutely look fantastic once that’s done, but I am leaving that for the lucky new owner. (In the interest of full disclosure, that's not to say it doesn't have a scuff here or there, but still way, way WAY nicer than many much newer boats!!) Here’s my situation: As explained, I bought this for my son, and now he has convinced me he’s not ready for it. (MY mistake, I should have talked to him first rather than try to "surprise" him. Lesson learned.) So I am offering it for sale at a killer price since it’s a “season-ending” sale AND I already have a nice Yamaha as I mentioned. (And AGAIN, if I didn't already have mine, I would ABSOLUTELY keep this for myself and be thrilled to own it!)

I feel my asking price is VERY fair! BUT…..here’s the BETTER news for some of you! I will also entertain TRADES for ANYTHING of equal value!! If you have an interesting car or truck, (ESPECIALLY IF IT’S A STICK, because I want to teach my kids how to drive a manual transmission, I think it’s an important skill to have!), let me know! I may just do a trade! It doesn’t have to be a stick! Automatics are welcome too, just happen to be looking for a stick right now. I will also consider MANY other things in trade, just ask! Worst I can say is “No thank you!” If your trade is worth MORE than my boat, I will put cash with the boat to make it fair to both of us! Likewise, if my boat is worth more, then I will expect you to put cash with your trade. All I ask is that you be realistic with your trade offer. Don’t offer me a $5,000 car as an even trade. NOT gonna happen! For it to be an even swap, it has to worth what this boat is worth, NOT what I am selling it for in a cash deal at the end of the season, what it’s actually worth! Look it up! If I don’t sell or trade the boat soon, I will winterize it and take it off the market until Spring, when you can be sure the price will be much higher. (If I sell it at all….maybe my son will have a change of heart by then! I'd be VERY happy if that's how the story winds up ending after all. It's SUCH a nice boat!) If you have a trade to offer, PLEASE, with all due respect, do for me what I have done for you, so that I can properly consider your trade. Send me PLENTY of details about it, and PLENTY of pics! Without those things you wouldn’t have become interested in my boat, right? I can’t be interested in your trade without the same opportunity to read the details and see what the trade looks like.

Thanks for reading this admittedly long listing, feel free to contact me with any questions and I’ll get back to you asap!

Attachments

Last edited:

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
good luck with the sell 17 to 20 k i would pay other than that ....wishful thinking, specially with winter coming to you. bud just bought tsame boat in fl great condition for 15k

RichardS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
good luck with the sell 17 to 20 k i would pay other than that ....wishful thinking, specially with winter coming to you. bud just bought tsame boat in fl great condition for 15k
Thank you for your unsolicited opinion of my offering. It's a much anticipated response from someone who obviously is one of those "forum price police" type individuals who feel it's "fair and just" to a seller to malign their listing in the hope they'll discourage any potential buyer from seeing value in the offer. More proof we now live in a society where people feel they can do and say whatever spurious thoughts pop into their heads without a care in the world as to how it will affect the person in question. I mean, after all, why would you, if you absolutely CANNOT control your urge to voice an unsolicited opinion about a listing, send a private message to the seller expressing your feelings about his price? If you did THAT, your damage to how he feels about his situation would be limited to only HIM! Right? You've got to do as much harm as possible! Hey! Here's an idea! Why don't you post an editorial about this in all the major newspapers? A LOT more folks would see how you feel and be discouraged from contacting me than just the forum members here! Come on man! If you're gonna screw with someone's life, go BIG or go home!

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That boat looks clean for the year and that someone took care of it and kept it covered or in a garage. My reccomendation for any boat with the MR-1 would be to buy the software and read the engine hours, its only like $60.00 on ebay . Then you can even see how the boat was used. Great response to the posting police :cool:

20140910_182324.jpg

RichardS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cambo, thanks for the suggestion and MUCH thanks for your kind words regarding my response the the price nazi who felt he just HAD to attack my listing or he wouldn't have been able to sleep, knowing he had missed an opportunity to harm another human being. I mean, that IS what we share as a boating community, right? Vindictive and hateful and nasty behavior designed to hurt one another? OH WAIT! I'm sorry! I got confused for a minute! I mixed up OUR community with the people who try to turn people against one another and do do what they can to foment rage and hopefully even violence towards the innocent with absolutely ZERO provocation and/or justification, other than the apparent pleasure it must give such people to do so. No, that is NOT us! Again, I got confused! The boating community I know is there to lend a hand, always, whether it's to a newbie desperately trying to get his boat on or off his trailer at a crowded ramp, or to assist the poor guy who can't start his engine after sitting out in the bay fishing for a couple hours to discover he has "a dead battery" or "an empty fuel tank" or one of the million other mishaps that can happen to any one of us at any time. Or maybe he's grounded his boat on a sandbar, or maybe he's (GOD FORBID!) suddenly taking on water from who knows where. Or perhaps he's here, hoping for some advice from a more experienced boater who can explain how to install his new depth sounder or winterize his expensive engines so he can sleep at night all winter without worry. OR MAYBE, (just maybe!), he's recovering from a year of surgeries, then chemo and radiation, and keeping his fingers crossed and his hands clasped in prayer as he approaches the next 3 month mark for yet another CT scan to see if the cancer is back, and has just found out his "big surprise" for his kid was a "big mistake" and he needs to try to recover his big expenditure that he impulsively made in an effort to get his son more excited about boating with him, now that he has been reminded of just how short life can be! (NOT looking for any kind of sympathy here, just relaying facts....I am VERY blessed to have a loving and loyal and supportive family who has stood by my side every step of the way.)

Maybe, he hoped the folks who stop by here to check the classifieds would do what HE does when looking at such ads.....he either asks some questions, if he is seriously interested, or he MOVES ON to another ad, if he feels the item, (whatever it is!), isn't right for HIM, because of size or color or yes, PRICE. But hey, that's just how it is SUPPOSED to work, right? But not evryone has the same view of how things work, I get it!

(Sorry for the "rant".......it's really NOT who I am usually.....but I just get sick of those who feel you need their approval on price before you are allowed to post something for sale without fear of harassment and ridicule.)

As to your suggestion!!

Actually, a fellow boater (IMAGINE THAT! A fellow boater who wanted to do something HELPFUL!) brought that very software and cables over to read my boat last summer! It was really cool! Got all kinds of useful info and found out my 2012 SX240 had not yet cracked the 120 hour mark! I'll reach out to him and see if he's available to do that for me on this boat! Thanks for the reminder about that! If I get it done I will update my ad. (From what I understand the software isn't compatible with MAC OS and I only have an Apple laptop.)

Last edited:

RichardS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a quick update!

The previous owner, who kept this boat at a marina in rack storage and had them maintain it for him, apparently had not removed his clean out plugs for a while, and I guess neither did the marina, because they were stuck in place.
I was able to get one out using the old "car jack" method, but the other one just won't give.
I don't want to frustrate myself anymore with it (those of you who have had to deal with this issue know what I am talking about), so in consideration of this issue which may necessitate buying at least one new clean out plug in a worse case scenario, and probably at a minimum rebuilding them both I think, I am reducing the price from $24,500 to $21,500. I think that's a very fair reduction and that it offsets this issue and probably any other minor things to deal with. (Like the stereo and the couple seat panels that need repair if you want the interior perfect.)

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat looks nice and clean. That limited model has the nice interior with the wooded look gauge cluster and with light brown background gauges, and another nice feature you did not mention, the freshwater shower available at the stern.

This is my favorite boat and vintage.

Good Luck with the sale.

RichardS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the kind words and you're right, I missed pointing out those really nice features. If I had not literally just installed a brand new interior and upgraded other items on my SX240, I would have sold that boat and just kept this one! It's that nice! But I can't take the hit I would take on the $4700 I spent on my boat's interior and the other money I spent, like the new NOCO battery tender and some other stuff. I have to let this go. I did learn a big lesson about spending a pile of dough to surprise my kid without discussing it with him first. He just is intimidated by it and wants to spend another season with the little Bayliner 160BR with the 50HP outboard we bought to teach the kids on. I have to honor his wishes and not try to push him if he feels he's not ready.

RichardS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
UPDATE! (And a good one too!)

As you know, I recently reduced the price by $3,000 on this very nice boat because of my frustration regarding the cleanout plugs.
They had apparently not been removed for a while, and were REALLY stuck!!

After MUCH blood, sweat, and tears, (well, not actually "tears", more like cursing up a storm!), I got the port plug out.
I used the 2X4 with a car jack method, and it took several tries and a number of "failed attempts" before it finally came out.

But try as I might, the starboard plug just WOULD NOT come out!

So I reduced the price, substantially, figuring first of all, it's the end of the season so the price has to be competitive now, more than ever, and second, whoever inherits this problem has to be motivated to want to deal with it.

But today, I woke up thinking "ya know what Richard? you COULD take another swipe at that plug! If it defeats you again, so be it."

WELL GUESS WHAT??

It wasn't easy, and it didn't happen right away, but after setting up the boards a little differently this time, and positioning the jack in a more "centered" pulling position, it came out!

The sound of the POPPPPPP!! was TRULY music to my ears!!

See attached pic!!

Got it OUT!

Still selling at the reduced price, but now the buyer doesn't have to deal with this issue, it's DONE!

Attachments

RichardS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bumping again to encourage offers before I winterize and forget about it until Spring!

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you get a chance to plug into the software to read the hours?