• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 Yamaha AR230 boat cover

Bcbeitler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all. Looking to see if anyone has purchased from national boat covers before? Looking to get a sunflair boat cover for my 08 AR 230 HO. I like the sunflair because of the waterproof abilities instead of water “resistant”. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

be aware all these boat cover companies online only offer generic covers. these are not custom made to fit your boat even though you may find you boat on the list. they make covers to fit different styles of boats in all the different lengths. they are not waterproof either so dont buy into all their marketing. the #1 best way to go is have a marine canvas guy make you custom cover in a good material like sunbrella that actually fits the boat. second choice is the factory yamaha cover then third on the list is to go with one of these generic companies. i got a cheap temporary cover for my boat from seal skin. got it in their best material. for 400 bucks i wasnt expecting much. i only bought if for a winter cover for this year because i am working on the boat here and there. if i get 2 years out of it then thats a bonus. i will say that while the material is thin it does seem like its a quality material. its rubberized on the inside and overall water resistant even though they say waterproof however the cover leaks at all the sewn seams. in any case my cover is the same type of generic cover that you are looking at. if your ok with not a perfect fit, not hauling the boat with the cover on, not totally waterproof and more of a pia to get on and off than a factory or custom cover then im sure the cover you are looking at will be fine. if your looking for a nice quality cover then do not go the generic route.

be aware all these boat cover companies online only offer generic covers. these are not custom made to fit your boat even though you may find you boat on the list. they make covers to fit different styles of boats in all the different lengths. they are not waterproof either so dont buy into all their marketing. the #1 best way to go is have a marine canvas guy make you custom cover in a good material like sunbrella that actually fits the boat. second choice is the factory yamaha cover then third on the list is to go with one of these generic companies. i got a cheap temporary cover for my boat from seal skin. got it in their best material. for 400 bucks i wasnt expecting much. i only bought if for a winter cover for this year because i am working on the boat here and there. if i get 2 years out of it then thats a bonus. i will say that while the material is thin it does seem like its a quality material. its rubberized on the inside and overall water resistant even though they say waterproof however the cover leaks at all the sewn seams. in any case my cover is the same type of generic cover that you are looking at. if your ok with not a perfect fit, not hauling the boat with the cover on, not totally waterproof and more of a pia to get on and off than a factory or custom cover then im sure the cover you are looking at will be fine. if your looking for a nice quality cover then do not go the generic route.

Where do you find a factory yamaha cover? I just bought a 2007 SX 230 without any covers...

Where do you find a factory yamaha cover? I just bought a 2007 SX 230 without any covers...

Verify it is Yamaha OEM and will fit your SX230. Make sure it is vented and has the ratchet straps for tightening the cover at the starboard stern inside the black zippered pocket. If you want separate bow and cockpit covers, find a good canvas shop that will make them with Sunbrella.

20210129_231002.jpg

20200911_102105.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Yamaha OEM cover for my 2008 232 Ltd on order from Partzilla since the beginning of JUNE , every two weeks they keep on extending the delivery , now mid August. not holding my breath. My original cover is barely going to make it till September, been patching it together.

I just bought a
I have a Yamaha OEM cover for my 2008 232 Ltd on order from Partzilla since the beginning of JUNE , every two weeks they keep on extending the delivery , now mid August. not holding my breath. My original cover is barely going to make it till September, been patching it together.
check LeadersRPM, I just ordered a new cover from them, I called to make sure they had them in stock becuase I’ve been getting the run around for about a month from several sites that are out of stock.
She told me they had 20 AR230 covers in stock, free 2 day shipping. If they have one for your 232 I’d cancel the other order.

I just bought a

check LeadersRPM, I just ordered a new cover from them, I called to make sure they had them in stock becuase I’ve been getting the run around for about a month from several sites that are out of stock.
She told me they had 20 AR230 covers in stock, free 2 day shipping. If they have one for your 232 I’d cancel the other order.

This what I get from Leader RPM same deal at Partzilla, back order, on and on
Yamaha Marine New OEM Charcoal Non-Tower Mooring Cover, MAR-230MC-CH-18 On backorder until: 07/26/2021

This what I get from Leader RPM same deal at Partzilla, back order, on and on
Yamaha Marine New OEM Charcoal Non-Tower Mooring Cover, MAR-230MC-CH-18 On backorder until: 07/26/2021
That sucks! Order one for an AR, you’ll just have holes where the tower goes?

I ordered one from Yamaha Sports Plaza on 2/25/2021. I ordered blue, but a grey one arrived. It only took 3 weeks at the time.
Part:
Premium Non-Tower Mooring Cover
Item: MAR-230MC-BL-07

maha Sports Plaza on 2/25/2021. I ordered blue, but a grey one arrived. It only took 3 weeks at the time.
Part:
Premium Non-Tower Mooring Cover
Item: MAR-230MC-BL-07
I will check them out . I don't care what color it is, Ill take any at this time.

I ordered a new cover from LeadersRPM for my AR230 and it shipped the next day. Will be here tomorrow. Just wanted to share a positive experience working with them!

I ordered a new cover from LeadersRPM for my AR230 and it shipped the next day. Will be here tomorrow. Just wanted to share a positive experience working with them!
Hi, Yes with tower,This morning I sent an email to Sports Plaza with the three color codes for a non tower, waiting for their response. Thanks for your input.

Hi, Yes with tower,This morning I sent an email to Sports Plaza with the three color codes for a non tower, waiting for their response. Thanks for your input.

I finally received my OEM cover for my 2008 232 Limited, non tower, ordered it in June 2021, 10 months ago. I was actually shocked when I received the notice it was shipped.

I finally received my OEM cover for my 2008 232 Limited, non tower, ordered it in June 2021, 10 months ago. I was actually shocked when I received the notice it was shipped.
How is the quality of this cover? I’ve read several times on this site that they improved the cover over the years and it’s thicker now. The one I ordered in early 2018 with the same part number was really thin and not impressive, so I’m hoping I had one of the old ones and the newer ones are better. Leaders has them in stock now for $599 and as much as I want a better one and to not deal with the piece of crap I had before, the $3500+ they want locally for a custom Sunbrella cover is a non-starter.

How is the quality of this cover? I’ve read several times on this site that they improved the cover over the years and it’s thicker now. The one I ordered in early 2018 with the same part number was really thin and not impressive, so I’m hoping I had one of the old ones and the newer ones are better. Leaders has them in stock now for $599 and as much as I want a better one and to not deal with the piece of crap I had before, the $3500+ they want locally for a custom Sunbrella cover is a non-starter.

I ordered mine off leaders a year and a half or so ago and have been impressed. Seems thick and has gone through some thunderstorms just fine. I don’t tow with it on though, I have snap on covers for that.

I havent pulled it from the box yet , I will know more when I put the cover on my boat. Sorry can't give you an honest answer at this time .

Back